- A New Prognosis for Pain Care (The Wall Street Journal – February 6, 2019)
- Could This Treatment End Chronic Pain? (Men'sHealth – February 13, 2019)
- Can we address both chronic pain and the opioid crisis? Yes, pain doctors say (Scope – March 6, 2019)
- Stanford’s resilient researcher (Stanford News – July 18, 2019)
- From prison to Stanford postdoc — a journey in recovery (Scope - July 24, 2019)
- Why Pain Hurts: Understanding Pain and the Brain (Spectrum News 1 – September 26, 2019)
- Stanford’s new, innovative tools to address chronic pain (Climate Online – November 12, 2019)
- Ouch: The psychology of pain — Part 2 (Scope – December 13, 2019)
- APS Future Leader Grant Recipient Earns $8.8 Million Award from PCORI. American Pain Society, December 2017
- Centering Patients' Psychological State Key to Treating Pain Without Opioids. workcompcentral, November 2017
- Absolutes in Chronic Pain Treatment Can Backfire. National Pain Report, October 2017
- Is the Pain Care World Set Up to Really Help Us? National Pain Report, October 2017
- Comparative Effectiveness of Pain Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Chronic Pain Self-Management within the Context of Opioid Reduction. pcori, September 2017
- Stanford researchers: The secret to overcoming the opioid crisis may lie partly in the mind. The Washington Post, September 2017
- 3 Science-backed ways to relieve pain and stress. TIME Magazine, August 2017
- Overcoming Opioids: When pills are a hospital’s last resort. AP News, May 2017
- Treating Pain without Pills. SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN, May 2017
- Presurgical Program Aims to Reduce Pain and Opioid Use After Surgery. Partnership for Drug Free Kids April 2017
- A Mismatch Between Pill and Problem. Women Total Health & Wellness, winter issue pages 80-84, January 2017
- Gain in pain: Stanford researchers use brain scans, algorithms to ID chronic pain patients. SAN FRANCISCO BUSINESS TIMES December 17 2012
- Neuroscience mapping brain connections. LA TIMES September 13 2012
- The Numbers Game: How Many Americans Have Chronic Pain? AMERICAN NEWS REPORT May 16 2012
- Education a Cornerstone of Effective Opioid Management. FAMILY PRACTICE NEWS March 16 2012
- Ask Stanford Med: Neuroscientist responds to questions on pain and love’s analgesic effects. SCOPE BLOG March 5 2012
- Promising Drug to Treat Fibromyalgia May Never Be Approved by FDA. AMERICAN NEWS REPORT February 27 2012
- Ask Stanford Med: Neuroscientist taking questions on pain and love's analgesic effects. SCOPE BLOG February 13 2012
- Rewiring the Brain to Ease Pain. WALL STREET JOURNAL November 15 2011
- The Ways We Talk About Pain. SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN September 27 2011
- Brain Scans Suggest a New, Objective Way to Measure Pain. DISCOVER MAGAZINE September 22 2011
- A New, Objective Way to Study Pain. THE ATLANTIC September 21 2011
- An Objective Way to Measure Pain. MIT TECHNOLOGY REVIEW September 14 2011
- Does that hurt? Objective way to measure pain being developed at Stanford. STANFORD PRESS RELEASE September 13 2011
- New IOM Report Lays Out Plan For Improving Pain Care.
PAIN MEDICINE NEWS August 2011
- Headache clinic to open at Stanford. PALO ALTO WEEKLY July 22 2011
- National Expert to Lead New Stanford Headache Clinic.
PRESS RELEASE July 20 2011
- Giving Chronic Pain a Medical Platform of Its Own. NEW YORK TIMES July 18 2011
- When Someone Says, “My Stomach Hurts,” Stanford Listens.
PRESS RELEASE July 11 2011
- Doctors' Challenge: How Real Is That Pain? WALL STREET JOURNAL July 5 2011
- New Report Details Uphill Battle to Solve the U.S.'s Pain Problem.
SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN July 1 2011
- Major Changes Needed to End Inadequate Pain Management for Millions.
HEALTH NEWS DIGEST June 29 2011
- US pain management falls short, UAB professor aided-study finds.
AOL June 29 2011
- Challenges of Treating Chronic Pain in People with Opioid Dependence. DRUGFREE.ORG June 24 2011
- Back pain is a complicated issue. LA TIMES April 4 2011
- AAPM: State of Mind Can Turn Acute Pain to Chronic.
MEDPAGE TODAY March 28 2011
- Healing the Hurt. TIME February 24 2011
- Pain be gone. NEW SCIENTIST January 22 2011
- Study shows people in love feel less pain.
SAN JOSE MERCURY NEWS January 5 2011
- Passionate love can relieve pain, researchers find.
SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE November 22 2010
- Love: A natural painkiller? USA TODAY October 15 2010
- Your love is my drug: How passion sparks the same painkilling pathways as drugs. SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN October 14 2010
- Love A Potent Painkiller, Stanford Researchers Say. KCBS5 San Francisco. October 13 2010
- Love really is like a drug. THE GUARDIAN October 13 2010
- Love and Pain Relief. NEW YORK TIMES October 13 2010
- Love takes up where pain leaves off, brain study shows.
INSIDE STANFORD MEDICINE October 13 2010
- Love is a powerful painkiller, study finds. LOS ANGELES TIMES October 13 2010
- Trial Examines 5-HT3 Antagonist for Opioid Withdrawal.
ANESTHESIOLOGY NEWS July 2010
- How the Mind Controls Pain. MSN HEALTH & FITNESS June 21 2010
- Pain Management: A Whole Body Experience. STANFORD ACCESS June 2010
- Shooting Pain. NATURE October 28 2009
- At Least 34 Research Jobs at Stanford Medical School from Stimulus Funds.BUSINESS WIRE August 4 2009
- Ban Is Advised on 2 Top Pills for Pain Relief. NEW YORK TIMES July 1 2009
- 'Life-Changing Benefits' for Patients Using Addiction Drug.
THE HERALD April 25 2009
- Addiction Drug May Relieve Fibromyalgia Symptoms. REUTERS April 24 2009
- Heroin Addiction Drug May Relieve Symptoms of Fibromyalgia.
SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN April 17 2009
- Inexpensive Drug Appears to Relieve Fibromyalgia Pain in Stanford Pilot Study.STANFORD MEDNEWS April 16 2009
- Brain Scans of Pain Raise Questions for the Law.
SCIENCE January 9 2009
- A Spoonful of Sugar Pills. STANFORD MEDICINE Summer 2008
- Taking Your Life Back from Pain's Control. PALO ALTO WEEKLY July 23 2008
- Stanford Pain Center Receives Center of Excellence Recognition.
APS Press Release April 2008
- Son Finds Hope for Dying Father on Internet.
SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE February 2008
- A Growing Cadre of Doctors and Scientists Now Believes that Chronic Back Pain is a Disease of the Nervous System, Not the Spine. BEST LIFE January 2008
- Pain. AUSTIN FIT September 2007
- Natural-Born Pain Killers. PREVENTION July 2007
- The Changing Science of Pain. NEWSWEEK June 2007
- Brain Powered. READER'S DIGEST March 2007
- Patients Learn to Use Brain to Beat Pain.
KGO-TV (San Francisco) February 27 2007
- New Findings on Pain Relief. CONSUMER REPORTS ON HEALTH September 2006
- Placebo's Power Goes Beyond the Mind. MSNBC August 21 2006
- Training Attention. MIT TECHNOLOGY REVIEW July 17 2006
- Seeing Your Pain. MIT TECHNOLOGY REVIEW July 11 2006
- Ouch! How to Relieve Chronic Pain. LADIES' HOME JOURNAL July 2006
- My Pain, My Brain. NEW YORK TIMES MAGAZINE May 14 2006
- Brain Over Pain. BOSTON GLOBE January 23 2006
- Doctor Treats Pain Without Pills. NBC NIGHTLY NEWS January 5 2006
- Think Away the Pain. WIRED NEWS December 21 2005
- Relief From Chronic Pain May Be a Thought Away.
NEW YORK TIMES December 20 2005
- Brain Scans Help Think Away Pain. BBC NEWS December 13 2005
- Pain Sufferers Use Brain to Find Relief. FORBES December 12 2005
- Thought Control Brings Pain Into Line. NATURE December 12 2005
- How to Think Your Pain Away. TIMES ONLINE (UK) December 12 2005
- It's All in Your Head. STANFORD MEDICINE Fall 2005
- Pain & Women's Health. NATIONAL WOMEN'S HEALTH REPORT June 2005
- Pain May Be in the Brain, But It's Still Real. ABC NEWS May 13 2005
- Chronic Pain: The Enemy Within. USA TODAY May 8 2005
- ABC News/USA Today/Stanford Pain Poll Results PR May 9 2005
- ICPSR ABC News/USA Today/Stanford Pain Poll April 2005 Codebook
- The Pain is in the Brain. STANFORD CENTER FOCUS Spring 2005
- The Right (and Wrong) Way to Treat Pain. TIME February 28 2005
- Your Pain, My Brain. PSYCHOLOGY TODAY July 2003
- The Pain Truth. GOOD HOUSEKEEPING May 2003