Immersion in Community Medicine Program
Thank you for your interest in the Pacific Free Clinic Immersion in Community Medicine program!
To keep up with recent announcements about our program, check out our Facebook page!
The Immersion in Community Medicine program was created to extend PFC's mission of educating students to the local high schools in the San Jose area. Its goals are:
- To inspire high school sophomores and juniors to enter the field of medicine, particularly for those who come from under-served or disadvantaged backgrounds, and have had little to no medical experience or few opportunities to gain exposure to the medical field;
- To encourage the students to serve their local community;
- To foster valuable mentoring relationships with undergraduates, medical students, and physicians.
- Complete five shadowing sessions with Stanford physicians, medical students, and undergraduates over the course of five consecutive Sundays (10 - 11:30 AM).
- Participate in case study discussions, interact with medical directors and student volunteers, and undergo patient interview and vital signs training.
- Work with your program peers on creating an informational poster on a common health problem affecting the community.
Apply for PFC's Immersion in Community Medicine Program!
The ICM program for Summer 2021 is five weeks long, no cost, and begins on Sunday, August 8, 2021 and continues every Sunday through September 5, 2021 from 10am-11:30am PST using Zoom. The application form is linked below is due Sunday, August 1 by 6:00pm PST:
Students will not need any vaccinations to join this program as it is virtual, and students from all grade levels are eligible to apply. Furthermore, with ICM being virtual, we are open to applicants outside of the Bay Area.
If you have any questions, concerns, or issues with submitting the application, please do not hesitate to email Tanya Watarastaporn, ICM Director, at email@example.com. Accepted students will receive an email of acceptance. Please check your junk and spam folders regularly for ICM program notifications.