Annual Department Research Day
October 17, 2022
8:20 am - 4:00 pm
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
On October 17, 2022, the OHNS department hosted 13th annual Research Day. On this day, the members of the department gathered to present, learn, share, and discuss their research with OHNS colleagues.
preeminent national and global leader in clinical care, research, education, and diversity
Why Do We Have an Annual OHNS Research Retreat?
We are a Research Intensive Department
Reinforce our commitment to pursuing innovation and discovery
- Learn about research plans for the coming year across the department
- To improve our upcoming research through constructive criticism
- Establish research collaborations
- Help trainees identify mentors
- Bring together research and clinical communities
- Give us a forum to reflect ways by which each of us can strive to discover new ways to understand and to overcome human disease
Why is Research Day Important to the OHNS Mission?
The three cornerstones of academic medicine are clinical expertise, scientific discovery, and clinical teaching. These goals are interdependent. For example, clinical expertise relies on both scientific discovery and clinical teaching. Scientific discovery, in turn, can be informed by clinical experience. Our Research Day promotes and celebrates these types of exchanges.
Takeaway for Participants
Our department is committed to improving our clinical specialty through rigorous scientific work. There is a strong spirit of collaboration that welcomes input and new ideas.