The Stanford Medicine Department of Graduate Medical Education supports 27 ACGME-accredited residency training programs, and 90+ fellowships, and is dedicated to pursuing the highest quality of patient care and graduate medical education to develop future leaders in medicine.
- Exceptional clinical training with regional and national expertise and across various sites (Stanford Health Care, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, VA, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, community sites, and more)
- Diverse patient populations: Santa Clara County is the most ethnically diverse county in California
- Recognized leaders in research and innovation with exceptional scholarship opportunities
- Phenomenal mentorship and collaboration with passionate faculty
- Outstanding track record of trainee success in fellowships, academic positions, and practice
- Connection to larger Stanford University community and resources
- Bay Area life!
Office of Diversity in Medical Education (ODME)
This office serves as the hub for diversity related pipeline and career development programs to include pre-medical, medical students, as well as resident and fellow trainees. We are committed to cultivating and sustaining an environment that fosters the development of diverse physician leaders who are committed to eliminating the nation’s health inequities through patient care, education, research, and advocacy.
MD/GME Recruitment Steering Committee
The MD/GME Recruitment Steering Committee aims to bring together individuals and offices that conduct diverse recruitment for medical students and residents to discuss practices that can be shared and scaled to work together to improve recruitment through conferences. The committee, formed in fall 2018, brings together individuals and offices that conduct diverse recruitment to discuss practices and collaborate to better streamline efforts, including attendance at LMSA, SNMA, and other minority medical conferences. This committee is essential to recruiting diverse faculty through pipeline efforts. Members on the committee represent the Office of Diversity in Medical Education, Office of Medical Student Affairs, the Department of Graduate Medical Education, the Office of Medical Student Admissions, the Office of Faculty Development and Diversity, and the Departments of Surgery, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, and Emergency Medicine.