We support programming, events, and resources that foster leadership and professional development during training, and retention of diverse GME trainees into fellowship and/or academic careers through mentorship.
We achieve these goals through the following:
- Hold sessions on various professional development topics selected by the GME Diversity Committee and Professional Development Chairs
- Provide support for the Leadership Education in Advancing Diversity (LEAD) Program
- Collate resources for leadership and professional development opportunities available to diverse GME trainees
- Support GME trainees participation in the Building the Next Generation of Academic Physicians (BNGAP) Academic Medicine Writing Fellowship
- Connect with mentors and opportunities for health equity research through the Health Equity Action Leadership (HEAL) Network
- Collaborate with the Office of Faculty Development and Diversity to hold events that foster retention of GME trainees into fellowship and/or academic careers through mentorship and professional development