GME Diversity Committee
Led by residents/fellows
Our goal is to create a medical community that is reflective of the community and the world that we serve. We believe that we can best achieve this goal by addressing systems of privilege including those based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and physical ability. Representation matters, period. Our mission and values align with the goals of Stanford Medicine.
We provide a comprehensive list of all the diversity groups at the department, program, and administrative level. Our goal is to make transparent the diverse support systems on all levels at Stanford School of Medicine. Let us know if we're missing any groups!
We hold several events to foster unity and support for
- Prospective interviewing house staff- recruitments and socials
- Current house staff - social events, network with faculty
- Diversity Recruitment Receptions for residency/fellowship applicants
- Participate in MD/Resident Recruitment Steering Committee
- Medical Student and Resident Recruitment Steering Committee
- Attendance at Student National Medical Association (SNMA) and Latino Medical Student Association (LMSA) annual conference
We encounter similar but also unique situations. Know that you are not alone, and we're here to help!
If you have questions about professional development or any situations, feel free to speak with a fellow committee member or faculty advisors.