ODME Pipeline Program Alumni
ODME Pipeline Alumni
We love hearing from our program alumni and are happy to support your next transition by offering:
- Advising appointments
- Leadership and mentorship opportunities
- Letters of support, evaluation, reference, recommendation (must meet eligibility requirements, details below)
- Networking and professional development events
Send Us Your Updates
Have you participated in a ODME program (LEAP, HCOP, SPSP, SSCCPP)?
Send us your personal and professional milestones, achievements, awards, or update your contact information using our alumni update form. You will be asked to upload a photo, indicate which ODME program you were part of, and provide a personal or professional update.
Stanford ODME Alumni Advisory Board
The Office of Diversity in Medical Education is seeking alumni across the health professions continuum to shape and improve our work through periodic meetings designed to provide recommendations for ongoing services, events, programs, and activities. If you are interested in joining the alumni advisory board, please complete this brief interest form.
Letter Service for Alumni
The ODME is happy to provide letters of evaluation, recommendation, reference, etc., for individuals who have participated in our programs. Some examples include:
- Summer Health Careers Opportunity Program (HCOP)
- Stanford Premedical Summer Program (SPSP)
- Stanford Summer Commmunity College Premedical Program (SSCCPP)
- Stanford Research Experience for Community College Students (SRECC)
- Leadership Experience for Aspiring Physicians (LEAP)
- Stanford University Minority Medical Alliance (SUMMA)
- Stanford ODME Faculty and Postdoctoral Fellows
Program and other alumni in good standing are eligible to request letters for a variety of opportunities, including but not limited to*:
- Continuing education (Medical School, graduate school, etc.)
(*You may also request a medical school admissions portfolio review by submitting a completed individual admissions portfolio, or a printout of your AMCAS application. Please allow 4-6 weeks for review and followup meeting.)
When making your request, plan to have the following documents, as relevant to share via upload:
- Personal Statement/Statement of Interest
- Guidelines for letter writers, as applicable
- Links to appropriate websites and instructions for submitting your letter
- A brief statement about the kind of letter you are requesting (character reference, letter of evaluation, recommendation, nomination)
You must indicate a primary author for your letter. You may also designate additional contributors. Do not select individuals who have not had considerable interaction with you (i.e., instruction, mentorship, ongoing contact in some meaningful way). You should email your primary letter writer in advance of sending the request.
The turnaround for letters will vary depending on the time of year. To be sure that your letter arrives as you requested, make your request early and select your submission deadline carefully. As a general rule of thumb, we recommend a minimum of two months from the time of request, and likewise, setting earlier submission deadlines for your letter writers to be sure that you have enough time to meet other deadlines.
We are piloting a self-scheduling advising appointment option for select ODME staff. In the meantime, visit our contact page to make your request to individual faculty or staff.