ODME Undergraduate Alumni Programs
Community Engagement Symposium
Alumni Civic and Community Engagement Symposium and Poster Session
Exploring multi-disciplinary approaches toward Improving Health, Illness, and Wellness in Northern California and beyond.
The Office of Diversity in Medical Education will host the 5th annual multi-disciplinary Community Engagement Symposium highlighting ODME undergraduate pathway program alumni efforts to improve health in our communities on Saturday, June 3, 2023.
This event is open to Northern California Community College, State University, and Independent School students, faculty, staff, and their community partners. Attendees will learn about strategies and initiatives designed to improve societal health outcomes from project presentations in various disciplines. Attendance is free, registration is required, and seating is limited.
- Call for abstracts will open from January 1, 2023, to Thursday, March 31, 2023
- Registration for attendees will open April 1, 2023
View Previous Symposium Presenters
- Spotlight Award: 100 Citizens
- Promising Public Health Partnership: Cardiology Awareness and Resources for Everyone
- Model Community-Engaged Research Initiative: Evaluating the Lived Experiences of Male Day Laborers in Oakland, California
- Promising Educational Program: Exploring Science and Writing for Sheltered Youth
- Emerging Research in Health and Wellness: What is Narrative Medicine and How does it Benefit Patients, Providers and Communities?
CALL FOR PRESENTERS
Abstracts are sought from ODME Undergraduate Programs alumni (HCOP, SSCCPP, LEAP, SRECC, SSCCrP) who have developed and implemented community health – related projects, events, activities, programs and initiatives with a community or educational partner.
Submissions may include topics related to:
- General Physical Health and Wellness
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Community Health and Wellness
- Health Outreach, Awareness, or Education
|8am – 9:00am||Check-in and Networking|
|9:15am – 9:30am||Welcome and Introduction to the Stanford COEDME|
|9:30am – 10am||Keynote|
|10:15am – 11:15am||Session I|
|11:30am – 12:30pm||Session II|
|12:45pm – 1:45pm||Lunch Presentation|
|2:00pm – 3:00pm||Session III|
|3:15pm - 4:15pm
|4:15pm||Closing remarks, call to action, raffle, event survey|
Date: Saturday, June 3, 2023
Time: 8am – 5pm
Stanford School of Medicine