1. Burgos AE, Schetzina KE, Dixon LB, Mendoza FS. Importance of generational status in examining access to and utilization of health care services by Mexican American children. Pediatrics. 2005 Mar;115(3):e322-30
2. Javier, JR, Huffman, LC, Mendoza, FS. Filipino Child Health in the United States: Do Health and Health Care Disparities Exist? Preventing Chronic Disease: Public Health Research, Practice, and Policy, 2007;4 (2): 1-20.
3. Javier, J., Wise, P., Mendoza, FS. The Relationship of Immigrant Status With Access, Utilization, and Health Status for Children with Asthma. Ambulatory Pediatrics, Vol. 7, No. 6, 421-430, Nov-Dec 2007.
4. Mendoza, F., Health Disparities and Children in Immigrant Families: A Research Agenda. Pediatrics November 2009, 124 Supplement 3 S187-95
5. Javier, J., Huffman, L., Mendoza, F., Wise, P. Access, Utilization, and health Status of Children with Special Health Care Needs in Immigrant Families. Maternal and Child Health Journal 14 (4): 567-79: 2010
6. Javier JR, Chamberlain LJ, Rivera KK, Gonzalez SE, Mendoza FS, Huffman LC.
Lessons Learned from a Community-Academic Partnership Addressing Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention in Filipino-American Families. Progress in Community Health Partnerships: Research, Education, and Action. Prog. Community Health Partnership. 2010 Winter, 4(4): 305-13
8. Mendoza, F.S., Festa, N. New American Children: Supporting the Health and Well-being of Immigrant Populations. Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine (JAMA Pediatrics) January 2013: 167 (1): 12-1.
9. Bogetz J, Gabhart J, Rassbach C, Sanders L, Mendoza F, Bergman D, Blankenburg R. Special Care Optimization for Patients and Education (SCOPE): Training Pediatric Residents About Children With Special Health Care Needs. MedEdPORTAL; 2013. Available from:www.mededportal.org/publication/962
10. Eneriz-Wiemer, M., Sanders, L. M., Barr, D.A., Mendoza, F. S., Parental Limited English Proficiency and Health Outcomes for Children with Special Health Care Needs: A Systematic Review. Academic Pediatrics, March/April 2014, Vol. 12, no. 2, pg.128-136.
11. Horn, I.B. and Mendoza, F. S., Reframing the Disparities Agenda: A Time to Rethink, A Time to Focus. Academic Pediatrics, March/April 2014, Vol. 12, no. 2, pg.115-116.
12. Festa, N., Loftus-Gagli, P., Cullen, M., Mendoza, F. S., Disparities in Early Exposure to Book Sharing within Immigrant Families. Pediatrics, Vol. 134, No. 1. July 2014, e162-168.
13. Dunlap, J.L., Jaramillo, J.D., Koppolu, R., Wright, R., Mendoza, F., Bruzoni M., The Effects of Language Concordant Care on Patient Satisfaction and Clinical Understanding for Hispanic Pediatric Surgery Patients. Journal of American College of Surgeons, September 2014, Vol. 219, No. 3, S106
14. Fernando S. Mendoza, MD, MPH1, Leslie R. Walker, MD2, Barbara J. Stoll MD3, Elena Fuentes-Afflick, MD, MPH4, Joseph W. St. Geme III, MD5, Tina L. Cheng, MD, MPH6, Javier A. Gonzalez del Rey, MD, M.Ed 7, Christopher E. Harris, MD8, Mary E. Rimsza, MD9, Jie Li, Ph.D1, and Theodore C. Sectish, MD10.Diversity and Inclusion Training in Departments of Pediatrics. Pediatrics, Vol. 135, No. 4, April 2015, pg. 707-713.
15. Theodore C. Sectish1, M.D., William W. Hay, Jr.2, M.D., John D. Mahan3, M.D., Fernando S. Mendoza4, M.D., M.P.H., Nancy D. Spector5, M.D., Bonita Stanton6, M.D., Peter G. Szilagyi7, M.D., M.P.H., Teri L. Turner8, M.D., M.P.H., M.Ed., Leslie R. Walker9, M.D., Kenneth Slaw M.Ed., PhD10, and the Federation of Pediatric Organizations’ Visioning Summit Working Groups and Planning Committee11. Future of the Pediatric Workforce. June 2015 doi: 10.1542/peds.2008-153
16. Joshua Jaramillo BA, Elizabeth Snyder MA, Jonathan L Dunlap MD, Rajashree Koppolu RN, MS, CPNP, Robert Wright MA, Fernando Mendoza MD, Matias Bruzoni MD-FACS, The impact of language concordant care for Hispanic pediatric surgery patients: Disparities in question asking and communication. Journal of Pediatric Surgery 50 (2015) 1586-89.
17. Jaramillo, J., Snyder, E., Dunlap, J. L., Wright, R., Mendoza, F., Bruzoni, M.The Hispanic Clinic for Pediatric Surgery: A model to improve parent-provider communication for Hispanic pediatric surgery patients Journal of Pediatric Surgery, 2016; 51 (4): 670-674
18. Glenn Flores, M.D.; Fernando Mendoza; Elena Fuentes-Afflick; Jayson Mendoza; Lee Pachter; Juan Espinoza; Christopher Russell; Cristina Fernandez; Danielle Arnold; Nicole Brown; Kymberly Gonzalez; Cynthia Lopez; Mikah Owen; Kenya Parks; Kimberly Reynolds. Hot Topics, Urgent Priorities, and Ensuring Success for Racial/Ethnic Minority Young Investigators in Academic Pediatrics. International Journal for Equity in Health, (2016) 15:201. DOI 10.1186/s12939-016-0494-6