Developing Capacity to Ignite Effective Community-Engaged Research
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE & CAPACITY BUILDING
Provide leadership, resources, valuable guidance for our partners, Stanford researchers, and Stanford Centers and departments through short and long term technical assistance and activities throughout the year.
Note: For assistance with Research Participation, please visit Spectrum Research Participation "Spectrum provides resources and tools to help Stanford research teams meet their participant engagement and retention goals, with a focus on engaging participants as partners in research."
COMPLIMENTARY SHORT-TERM TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
Provide an array of complImentary and fee-based technical assistance and consultation services to faculty, trainees, and community partners. To maximize effectiveness, please connect with OCE as early in the research process as possible.
IN-DEPTH/LONG-TERM TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
Provide community engagement services and staffing on projects requiring more in-depth community engagement components. Community Engagement Seed Grantees are offered one year of free, in-depth or long-term technical assistance to spur growth for projects to generate future funding and research.
FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR TRAINEES & FACULTY
Spectrum (Stanford Center for Clinical and Translational Research and Education) Community Engagement Pilot Awards are awarded annually to faculty, trainees, and their collaborative partners.
Additional details and information can be found here
Important application dates
- Request for Proposals released: February 22, 2022
- Optional Webinar for Interested Faculty Applicants: Friday, March 11, 12 noon. Registration form-Closed
- Optional Webinar for Interested Applicants: Tuesday, March 15, 12 noon. Registration form-Closed. Download webinar slides below
- Email Wei-ting Chen, PhD, MA, Associate Director for Community Partnerships, if you have questions about the webinar.
- Deadline for Proposal Submissions: Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 11:59 PM (Pacific Time)
- Selection of Finalists: May 2, 2022
- Funding Cycle: July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023 (no cost extensions are not allowed)
Questions? Please email Wei-ting Chen, PhD, MA, Associate Director for Community Partnerships
2022 Spectrum Pilot Grants in Community Engagement
Information Session | March 15, 2022
Presented by Dr. Wei-ting Chen
2021 SPECTRUM COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT PILOT AWARDEES
Sponsored by Stanford Center for Clinical and Translational Research and Education (Spectrum)
Project 1: Utilizing Digital Technology to Foster Community Engagement and Increase Breast Health Awareness Among Diverse Populations (PI's: Drs. Carla Pugh & Alyce Adams)
Project 2: Community Engagement to Develop a Patient Centered Approach to Anemia in Pregnancy (PI's: Drs. Deidre Lyell & Elliott Main)
Project 3: Leveraging Citizen Science to Promote Healthy Retail Stores and Foster Health Equity (PI: Dr. Abby King)