California Older Adult's Pleasant Events Schedule (COPPES)
We are happy to announce a new version of the new California Older Adult's Pleasant Events Schedule (COPPES). COPPES is a revision of the Older Person's Pleasant Events Schedule that includes:
- a revised, easier to read, Self-report Form
- new Scales for pleasant event Domains
- new Event Facets that describe in detail an individual's enjoyment and participation profile
- a COPPES Manual with a description of the development of the scales and their psychometric properties as well as case examples
Remember that this is a version of these materials. We are therefore soliciting your feedback to help us make the software as defect-free and easy to use as we can.Beta (not final)
A beta version of the new manual and of the software are available for your trial. We are confident that you will find them useful and are soliciting your comments before we prepare the final version.
The COPPES (California Older Persons' Pleasant Events Schedule) measure is available as a printable form with scoring instructions (Method #1) or as a computerized "COPPES Assistant software" that prints out a complete Pleasant Events Report with domain and facets scores, a graph that shows domain pleasantness versus activity, and an echo page with the raw responses (Method #2).
Method #1: Download the printable measure and scoring instructions
- Download a printable copy of the COPPES measure. Scoring instructions are included
- Download a copy of the COPPES manual
Method #2: Downloading the Software
Follow these steps to download and set up the software (for Method #2 ONLY)
- Download the installation file PESbeta1
- Navigate to the directory in which you downloaded the file and double-click PESBeta1.
- When the file opens, click unzip to PES_temp and then close the zip file.
- Navigate to the directory PES_temp and double-click setup.exe.
- Follow the installation instructions, depending on your system, you may have to restart your computer.
- Contact Kenneth L. Rider, PhD for a password to use the software. Please include your professional affiliation and address in your message.