OAA Faculty Development Workshop Series
Conflict Management and Negotiation Skills Workshops
Target Audience: Assistant Professors by invite only
Presenter: Jessica Notini, Stanford Law School
Wednesday, October 12, 2022 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
This workshop will introduce faculty
to five common behaviors that people often adopt in respond to disagreements
identified in the Thomas-Kilmann conflict Mode Instrument (TKI). The workshop
will delve into the appropriate strategies to pursue. By the end of the
workshop, participants will:
- Identify their preferred style and the styles they observe in others;
- Become familiar with their strengths and blind spots; and
- Leave with a set of strategies they can utilize depending on the situation.
The workshop will be interactive, include role plays (time permitting), and open discussion.
Wednesday, February 8, 2023 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Mastery of negotiation is a life skill; we all negotiate every day with colleagues, collaborators, bosses, domestic partners, friends, students, trainees and many others. This popular workshop will explore critical negotiation theory such as competitive versus collaborative approaches and the identification of motivating interests to improve both your approach to negotiation and the quality of your outcomes. By the end of the workshop, participants will have:
- Increased confidence in a negotiation;
- Increased awareness of negotiation dynamics; and
- Capacity to apply alternative frames to negotiate for optimal outcomes in a variety of situations.