Savor: The Mobile App to Encourage and Inspire Mindful Eating
Savor’s mindfulness-based intervention protocol was designed to help increase people’s awareness around eating habits and promote more mindful eating behaviors. The protocol is implemented as a Mobile App, which interacts with the Apple watch wearable.
Eligble participants for this study were required to meet the following criteria:
- Between the ages of 25-45
- Women who have not been pregnant in the past year
- BMI between 27-40 kg/m2
- Individuals with Type 2 Diabetes are able to participate, however with no reported hypertension, heart, renal, liver disease, cancer or mental illness
Participation in this 5-week intervention required:
- Wearing an Apple watch that monitors your eating behaviors and provides real-time feedback
- Attend four meetings:
- Orientation meeting
- Profuct Introduction Meeting
- Focus Groupd Discussion
- Wrap Up Session
Analysis is currently underway.