The Stanford association of a medical honor society recently elected six new members.
August 19, 2015
Alpha Omega Alpha is a national medical honor society that supports initiatives to enhance education, teaching, research, professionalism, humanism and service. The Stanford association of the society, which has more than 600 members, recently elected the following new members:
- Linda Boxer, MD, PhD, professor of hematology and vice dean of the School of Medicine.
- Katharine Brock, MD, a former fellow in pediatric hematology/oncology.
- Edward Damrose, MD, associate professor of otolaryngology-head and neck surgery.
- Karl Deisseroth, MD, PhD, professor of bioengineering and of psychiatry and behavioral sciences, and the D.H. Chen Professor.
- Ann Caroline Fisher, MD, clinical assistant professor of ophthalmology.
- Adam Gomez, MD, resident in anatomic and clinical pathology.
Stanford Medicine integrates research, medical education and health care at its three institutions - Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford Health Care (formerly Stanford Hospital & Clinics), and Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. For more information, please visit the Office of Communication & Public Affairs site at http://mednews.stanford.edu.