Sophie Rengarajan, MD, PhD
- Residency: Stanford Neurology
- Intern year: UCLA-Olive View
- Medical school: David Geffen School of Medicine UCLA
- Graduate school: UCLA
- Undergraduate: Harvard University, cum laude in Neurobiology with high honors in field
- stroke recovery
- gene therapy for neuromuscular disease
- muscle regeneration
Rengarajan S, Yankura K, Guillermin ML, Fung W, Hallem EA. Feeding state sculpts a circuit for sensory valence in C. elegans. PNAS. 116: 1776-1781.2019.
Rengarajan S and Hallem EA. Olfactory circuits and behaviors of nematodes. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 41:136-148. 2016.
Carrillo MA, Guillermin ML, Rengarajan S, Okubo RP, Hallem EA. O2-Sensing Neurons Control CO2 Response in C. elegans. J Neurosci. 33(23):9675-83. 2013.
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Education Chief Resident (2021-2022)
- Neurology Clerkship Teaching Award (2021)
- Intern of the year (Preliminary track), Olive View-UCLA Medical Center (2020)
- Most humanistic intern (Preliminary track), Olive View UCLA-Medical Center (2020)
- American Academy of Neurology Medical Student Prize for Excellence (2019)
- NIH NIGMS Individual NRSA (F30) Training Grant (2015)
- NIH NINDS Intramural (T32) Neural Microcircuits Training Grant, UCLA (2014)
- Mary Gordon Roberts Summer Mind Brain and Behavior Fellowship (2009)
- Herchel Smith Fellowship (2008)
Traveling, swimming, gluten-free baking, singing, cooperative board games, spending time with family