Jacob Loeffler, MD
- Medicine Internship: Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
- MD: University of California, Davis
- Undergraduate: University of California, Santa Barbara
CLINICAL AND RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Neuroimmunology and Neuro-infectious disease
- MS Outcomes in the San Joaquin Valley
- Cocci meningitis
Loeffler J, Nie E, Han, M. HLA-DR4-positive Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada Disease: Review of pathophysiology and clinical correlation. Poster session presented at: AAN Virtual Annual Meeting, April 24-26, 2022.
Loeffler, J. “Decision-making Capacity in Neurology: A Quality Assurance Grand Rounds.” Oral presentation delivered at Stanford Neurology Departmental Grand Rounds on August 19, 2022.
Loeffler, J. W., Obara H., Fujimura, N., Bove, P., Newton, DH., et al. Medical therapy and intervention do not improve uncomplicated isolated mesenteric artery dissection outcomes over observation alone, Journal of Vascular Surgery Volume 66, Issue 1, July 2017, Pages 202-208
Loeffler J. Primary Amebic Meningoencephalitis in the Returning Traveler. Oral presentation delivered at: 2021 ACP Northern California Chapter Meeting, November 7, 2020.
Loeffler J. Epigenetic Dysregulation in Microcephaly. Oral presentation delivered at: 2019 UC Davis Clinical and Translational Science Center Annual Symposium, May 10, 2019.
Klein RH, Loeffler J, Knoepfler P. Modeling Microcephaly Using MYCN Mutant Brain Organoids. Poster session presented at: 2019 UC Davis SOM Poster Day, March 6, 2019
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Eli Benjamini Endowed Fund for Biological Sciences, UC Davis School of Medicine
- Daniel T. O’Connor MD Memorial Research Grant Award, UC Davis School of Medicine
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Robert Hye Memorial Research Award for Best Trainee Presentation, 2016 Western Vascular Society Annual Meeting
Hiking the Santa Cruz mountains
Reading (science fiction, history)