J. Bradley Segal, MD
- Child Neurology Residency: Stanford
- Pediatric Residency: Stanford Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital
- Medical School: Harvard Medical School
- Master of Bioethics: Harvard Medical School
- Undergraduate: UC San Diego
- Clinical ethics
- Neurocritical care
- Medical education
Jones VG, Mills M, Suarez D, Hogan CA, Yeh D, Segal JB, Nguyen EL, Barsh GR, Maskatia S, Mathew R. COVID-19 and Kawasaki disease: novel virus and novel case. Hosp Pediatr. 2020; 10(6) 537-540.
Segal JB. The Ethics of Organ Donation: First, Do No Harm? 2018. Doctoral dissertation, Harvard Medical School
Segal, JB. Truog, RD. “Options for Increasing the Supply of Transplantable Organs.” Harvard Health Policy Review, 2 Dec 2017.
Segal JB. “Prioritizing the Patient: How Algorithms Can Promote Just Resource Allocation.” HMS Bioethics Journal. 2017; 1(1).
Rotenstein LS, Ramos MA, Torre M, Segal JB, Peluso MJ, Guille C, Sen S, Mata DA. “Prevalence of Depression, Depressive Symptoms, and Suicidal Ideation Among Medical Students: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.” JAMA. 2016; 316(21):2214-2236.
Segal JB, Bouffard MA, Schlaug G. “Characteristic Neuroimaging Abnormalities of Korsakoff Syndrome.” JAMA Neurology. 2016; 73(10):1248-1249.
Segal JB. “Inherited Proclivity: When Should Neurogenetics Mitigate Moral Culpability for Purposes of Sentencing?” Journal of Law and the Biosciences. 2016; 3(1):227-237.
Segal JB, Arevalo JB, Franke MF, Palazuelos D. “Reducing Dosing Errors and Increasing Clinical Efficiency in Guatemala: First Report of a Novel mHealth Medication Dosing App in a Developing Country.” BMJ Innovations. 2015; 1(3):111–116.
AWARDS AND HONORS
- MD magna cum laude (2018)
- Medical Fellow, Fellowships at Auschwitz for the Study of Professional Ethics (2017)
- Student Fellow, Petrie-Flom Center at Harvard Law School (2016-2017)
- Henry K. Beecher Prize in Medical Ethics (2014)
- Massachusetts Medical Society Information Technology Award (2014)
- President, Harvard Medical School Class of 2017 (2013-2017)
Surfing, swimming, spending time with friends, woodworking