Bianca Palushaj, MD
- Undergraduate: University of Michigan
- Medical School: George Washington University
- Internship: UC San Diego
- Additional: Institute for Functional Medicine, certification in process
- Microbiota-gut-brain axis
- Functional medicine
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Hyman R. Posin Award for Excellence in Neurology, 2019
- NIH Combining Clinical and Research Careers Award, 2018
- Recipient of the Society of Integrative Oncology Scholarship, 2017
- University of Michigan Deans List, Honors College, 2007 – 2011
- Exceptional Summer Student Award at the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, 2010
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
Kogan, M. Integrative Geriatric Medicine. New York: Oxford University Press, 2018. Print. Neurodegenerative Diseases: Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s Diseases. pp 391-414.
Francke U, Dijamco C, Kiefer A, Eriksson N, Moiseff B, Tung J, Mountain J. Dealing with the unexpected: consumer responses to direct-access BRCA mutation testing. Wagner J, ed. PeerJ. 2013;1:e8. doi:10.7717/peerj.8.
Kovelman I, Mascho K, Millott L, Mastic A, Moiseff B, Shalinsky M. At the rhythm of language: Brain bases of language-related frequency perception in children. Neuroimage March 2012; 60(1), 673-682.
Palushaj B, Kogan M, Hikson J, et al. Assessment of the ReCode protocol: an alternative to the monotherapeutic approach in patient’s with early alzheimer’s disease. International Congress on Integrative Medicine and Health (abstract accepted; presentation cancelled due to COVID-19)
Palushaj B, Kogan M. Learning from N of 1- Patient with stage 4 colon cancer has dramatic response to integrative medicine approach. International Congress on Integrative Medicine and Health, Baltimore, MD, 2018
Moiseff B, Forbes C, Soloman J, Grafman J. BDNF Polymorphisms Moderate OFC Dependent Inhibition of Stereotypes. National Institutes of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, 2010
- Running, biking, rock climbing, exploring nature and embarking on outdoor adventures
- Enjoying time with family, friends, my mini poodle cooper, making and enjoying fermented food and drink