- 2020-Current Vascular Neurology Fellow, Stanford Stroke Center
- 2018- 2021 Master of Science, Epidemiology, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- 2015- 2020 Adult Neurology Residency, University of British Columbia
- 2011-2015 MD, University of Ottawa
- 2008-2011 Bachelors of Health Sciences, summa cum laude, McMaster University
CLINICAL AND RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Venous Sinus Thrombosis
- Cerebral Small Vessel Disease and Cognition
- Cost effectiveness in neurology
- Medical Education
- Zhou LW, Allo M, Mlynash M, Field TS. Discontinuity in administrative data for IV tPA during ICD 9 to ICD 10 transition period in the National Inpatient Sample. J Am Heart Assoc. 2021;9(0):e021614.
- Dandurand C, Zhou LW, Fitzmaurice G, Swetha P, Redekop G, Haw C, Gooderham P. Quality of life scores in patients with unruptured cerebral aneurysm: prospective cohort study. J Clin Neurosci. 2021 Sep; 91:350-353
- Dandurand C, Zhou L, Prakash S, Redekop G, Gooderham P, Haw CS. Cost-effectiveness analysis in patients with an unruptured cerebral aneurysm treated with observation or surgery. Journal of neurosurgery. 2021:1-9.
- Zhou LW, Panenka WJ, Al-Momen G, Gicas KM, Thornton AE, Jones AA, Heran MKS, Vertinsky AT, Su W, Barr AM, MacEwan GW, Lang DJ, Rauscher A, Honer W, Field T. Cerebral Small Vessel Disease, Risk Factors and Cognition in Tenants of Marginal Housing. Stroke (1970). 2020: strokeaha120030446-strokeaha120030446.
- Zhou LW, Chew J, Field T. Straight Forward: Stroke with Non-decussating Corticospinal Tracts Causing Ipsilateral Weakness. Neurology. 2020:10.
- Zhou LW, Chen T. Intracranial extramedullary hematopoiesis: Blood disorders on the mind. Neurology. 2020;95:e606-e607.
- Zhou LW, Panenka WJ, Jones AA, Gicas KM, Thornton AE, Heran MKS, Volders D, Lang DJ, Vertinsky AT, Rauscher A, Su W, Barr AM, MacEwan GW, MD, Honer WG, Field TS. Prevalence and Risk Factors of Brain Infarcts and Associations With Cognitive Performance in Tenants of Marginal Housing. J Am Heart Assoc. 2019;8(13):e011412.
- Zhou L. Better than sex? Building mind wandering tolerant presentations. This Changed My Teaching [serial online] 2018. Available at: http://thischangedmypractice.com/better-than-sex-building-mind-wandering-tolerant-presentations/
- Zaeem Z, Zhou L, Dilli E. Headaches: a Review of the Role of Dietary Factors. Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 2016;16:101.
- Zhou L, Albreiki D. Bilateral anteriorly draining dural carotid-cavernous fistulas presenting without orbital signs or symptoms. J Neurol Sci 2016;370:159-160.
- University of British Columbia Division of Neurology Resident Research Award 2019
- American Academy of Neurology 2019 Annual Meeting Alliance Awards: Founders Award
- University of British Columbia Zeldowicz Award for Graduate and Resident Neuroscience Research 2019
- International Stroke Conference 2017 Junior Investigator Travel Award