Scroll down for information about (and links to) forms related to:
- Frequently Used Forms (Course Approval Requests, GST, IDP)
- Program Financial Support
- Qualifying Exam
- Applying for Doctoral Candidacy
- Forming and Changing the Thesis Committee (also knowns as Doctoral Dissertation Reading Committee, or DDRC)
- Thesis Committee Meeting and Green Light Meeting
- Oral Examination/Thesis Defense
Frequently Used Forms
- Request for Statistics or Advanced Neuroscience Course Approval (must be submitted before the course begins)
- GST: Graduate Student Tracker - Enter your IDP and Thesis Committee Meeting dates here annually by June 1
- IDP: Individual Development Plan - Access instructions and forms here. Meetings must be scheduled by June 1 and completed by August 1 annually
Program Financial Support
- Neurosciences IDP Medical Expense Form - Use this form to request funding for mental health care expenses. This form is submitted to the Financial Aid Office and is not shared with program faculty or staff.
- Neurosciences IDP Event Funding Proposal Form - Use this form to reqeust funding for new program events.
- For university-wide financial support resources for graduate students, open the "Financial Support" section below.
Rotation Evaluation Forms will be sent to students by email at the end of each rotation/quarter.
- Application for Candidacy for Doctoral Degree Form - Contact Marrium Fatima for instructions.
Forming and Changing the Thesis Committee
- Review the Stanford Graduate Academic Policies and Procedures Handbook(GAP 4.8.1) and the Program Handbook to make sure your committee meets university and program requirements.
- Dissertation Committee Agreement Form (Program Form)
- Doctoral Dissertation Reading Committee Form (University Form)
- Petition for Non-Academic Council Doctoral Committee Members - Required if any of your committee members are not on Academic Council
- Change of Dissertation Adviser or Reading Committee Member Form - Required if you want to change your committee.
Thesis Committee Meeting Forms
- Committee Meeting Evaluation Form - Have your committee chair complete this form and submit it to the program after each committee meeting.
- Green Light Meeting Form - Students must convene the thesis committee approximately 6-12 months prior to an anticipated thesis defense to discuss his/her readiness to graduate, what remains to be completed before the student can defend and set an approximate date for the defense and graduation. See Program Handbook for more information. Submit the completed Green Light Meeting form to the program office.
Oral Examination / Thesis Defense
- Refer to the Stanford Graduate Academic Policies and Procedures Handbook (GAP), and the Neurosciences Program Handbook for policies, procedures, and deadlines related to the thesis defense.
- Oral Examination Scheduling and Approval Form - Submit this online form at least 30 days prior to your desired Oral Examination (thesis defense) date. On the form you will be asked to provide information about your thesis defense, submit the Oral Examination Form and your one page abstract; it is also where you request approval for a hybrid or virtual Exam.
- University Oral Examination Form - Complete this form and upload it (without Program Director signature) to the online Oral Examination Scheduling and Approval Form linked above. Note: for information about selecting your Out-of-Department Oral Examination Chair, see: Stanford Graduate Academic Policies and Procesures (GAP 4.7.1).
- Application to Graduate in Axess - See (a) Graduation - Registrar's Office and (b) Applying to Graduate
- Petition for Graduate Student Graduation Quarter - Students who will defend their thesis and submit their dissertation in their final quarter, OR have already defended their thesis and only have to finish writing the dissertation, may be eligible for a reduced tuition rate. The deadline to submit this is the first day of the desired quarter. Please contact program staff for more information.
- Commencement - Students who apply to graduate in Axess for Spring quarter are automatically added to the SOM Commencement list. Information is usually sent out in April. The event is coordinated by the MD Program's Office of Student Affairs. Students who are not graduating in Spring quarter but would like to participate in the SOM Commencement Ceremony must complete the School of Medicine Walkthrough Petition Form and submit it to the MD Office of Student Affairs. Instructions are updated each winter/spring quarter.
- Statement of Completion of Ph.D. Degree - See instructions here then submit a HelpSU Ticket to the "Records Unit" in the Office of the University Registrar.
- Neurosciences IDP Meetings and Events Calendar
- Neurosciences IDP Homeroom/Study Room and Conference Room Calendars
- To add a meeting to the program calendar, or reserve the program homeroom or conference room, please contact Ashley Del Rosario.