How to Apply
The Stanford Nephrology Fellowship Training Program is a participant in the ERAS program. All applicants must apply through ERAS® (Electronic Residency Application System) and will be reviewed as ERAS guidelines dictate. Interviews will be held in September and October.
Applicants must complete an ACGME accredited residency program in the United States to apply. Our program will only sponsor J-1 visas. We cannot sponsor H-1B visas. Please find more details about International Medical Graduates & Visa sponsorship on the Stanford GME website here.
For questions about our Nephrology fellowship program, please contact our Program Director, Yiming Lit, or the Fellowship Program Coordinator.
Fellowship Program Coordinator
- Two years of training
- Minimum of 12 months of clinical training
- Two years of continuity clinic
- Research experience
- Three Letters of Recommendation (one from your program director)
- Medical School Performance Evaluation
- Medical School Transcript
- Personal Statement
- USMLE Transcript (steps 1 & 2 are required, step 3 is optional)
- Research track (one year clinical training + one or more years of research training)
- Clinical track (two years clinical training)
Important Dates related to the timeline of the fellowship application process can be found on the Association of American Medical Colleges site here.