Research in Nakauchi Lab
Translation of our discoveries in basic research into practical medical applications
Dr. Hiromitsu Nakauchi
In the Nakauchi Lab, we are working on uncovering new diseases, elucidating the causes of disease, and developing therapeutic modalities by connecting the knowledge and methodology of basic science including immunology, molecular biology, cell biology, and developmental engineering with clinical medicine. Our ultimate goal is to contribute to establishing new frontiers of stem cell therapy and to make clinical applications of stem cells a reality.
Current work in the Nakauchi Lab includes;
1. Elucidation of heterogeneity and hierarchy in hematopoietic stem cells
2. Rejuvenation of antigen specific T cells for efficient immunotherapy
3. Generation of organs from iPS cells by way of blastocyst complementation
With respect to education, we aim to establish an environment where individuals can make the utmost use of their interests, personalities and abilities in order to foster potential researchers, as a human resource, with a succession of creative studies in the field of bioscience.
*Research fellow (preferably self-funded) with research interests in stem cell biology, hematology, developmental biology and immunology fields are encouraged to contact us to further discuss specific projects available.
- Functional primordial germ cell-like cells from pluripotent stem cells in rats, Science 2022
- Immunological barriers to haematopoietic stem cell gene therapy, Nature Reviews Immunology 2022
- Treatment of a genetic brain disease by CNS-wide microglia replacement, Science Translational Medicine 2022
- In vitro and in vivo functions of T cells produced in complemented thymi of chimeric mice generated by blastocyst complementation, Scientific Reports 2022
- Investigation of Cas9 antibodies in the human eye, Nature Communications 2022
- Generation of Tfap2c-T2A-tdTomato knock-in reporter rats via adeno-associated virus-mediated efficient gene targeting, Molecular Reproduction Development 2022
- Dual-antigen targeted iPSC-derived chimeric antigen receptor-T cell therapy for refractory lymphoma, Molecular Therapy 2022
- Advances in Allogeneic Cancer Cell Therapy and Future Perspectives on "Off-the-Shelf" T Cell Therapy Using iPSC Technology and Gene Editing, Cells. 2022
- Generation of heterozygous PKD1 mutant pigs exhibiting early-onset renal cyst formation, Laboratory Investigation 2022
- Pluripotent stem cells related to embryonic disc exhibit common self-renewal requirements in diverse livestock species, Development 2021
- Tracing the emergence of primordial germ cells from bilaminar disc rabbit embryos and pluripotent stem cells, Cell Reports 2021
- Polyvinyl alcohol hydrolysis rate and molecular weight influence human and murine HSC activity ex vivo, Stem Cell Res. 2021