Criteria & Application Requirements
To apply for Stanford MSTP BOOST, please click here.
- Sophomore or above at a 4-year university. You are eligible if you have graduated from a 4-year university.
- Students who, by reason of their culture, class, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, background, work and life experiences, and/or skills and interests would bring diversity (broadly defined) to graduate study in the medicine and biological sciences
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing a MD-PhD in the biosciences (i.e. prior scientific research experience or intent to participate in research in the upcoming academic year)
- Completed application submitted by the deadline
- Must be available for the entire program
- Note: in general, a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher will be competitive for this program. However, applicants with GPA below 3.0 may still apply; applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis, incorporating relevant information from the essay responses which might explain lapses in academic performance.
- Copy of an unofficial transcript (official transcripts will be required later for students who are accepted into the program)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Essay responses on application form
- Application opens November 1, 2021
- Application closes January 14, 2022 at 11:59PM PST
- Selected participants will be notified in early February; selected participants will have 48 hours to accept or decline the offer
- Stanford MSTP BOOST will run from April 20th - April 22nd, 2022
- All applicants to Preview must have two letters of reccomendation.
- The recommendation letter is submitted through the online application via a link sent to the recommender.
- Recommendation letters from someone familiar with your previous research and/or graduate level research potential (PIs, research program directors, etc.) are strongly encouraged.
- Recommendation letters should touch upon the your potential and resiliency for an academic career.
- Note: Redundant letters (e.g. from two mentors involved in the same or similar projects) are strongly discouraged.
Stanford MSTP BOOST 2021 Application Logistics
Applicants who wish to be considered for both Stanford MSTP BOOST and the Stanford ADVANCE AUI (https://ssrp.slideroom.com/#/permalink/program/61071) can apply to both programs using a single application link. Please note your preference of the two programs. You may use the same letter of recommendation for both applications.