Musculoskeletal Imaging Fellowship
MSK Fellowship Overview
The Stanford Musculoskeletal Imaging Fellowship is a one-year clinical fellowship for which there are four positions. Highlights of the fellowship include extensive involvement in musculoskeletal MRI with an emphasis on sports injuries and musculoskeletal US and CT. Additionally, radiographic studies, arthrograms, and tenograms are performed. Dedicated time for research is provided, and Fellows are expected to participate actively in research with faculty radiologists as well as Stanford’s world-renowned imaging physicists and engineers.
Qualified applicants will have an MD degree or DO degree and will have successfully completed training and taken National Boards in an ACGME-accredited diagnostic radiology program in the U.S. by the time the fellowship begins. Candidates who have a DO degree must include the original COMLEX score sheet with their application. Additionally, candidates must be eligible to obtain a California Medical License, which is required prior to the start of fellowship. Please refer to the Medical Board of California website for eligibility information prior to submitting your application for fellowship.
We are unable to accept applicants who do not have U.S. citizenship. Qualified applicants who are a U.S. citizen in a radiology residency outside of the U.S. may be considered.
MSK Fellowship Application
The 2023-2024 application period is closed.
Please read the information below prior to submitting your application.
Please have the documents below ready to upload with your application. The following standards must be used when uploading your documents:
- Do not password protect your documents.
- All documents except your photo must be uploaded as a PDF. Word documents will not be accepted.
- Please use the naming conventions shown below for your documents.
Documents to upload
- Curriculum Vitae (CandidateLastName_CandidateFirstName_CV)
- USMLE (or COMLEX) scores (CandidateLastName_ CandidateFirstName_USMLE or COMLEX)
- Digital Headshot (Passport size, jpeg) (CandidateLastName_ CandidateFirstName_Photo)
- Personal Statement (your name at the top of the document) (CandidateLastName_ CandidateFirstName_PersonalStatement)
Three letters of recommendation are required to be submitted by referees via the online link provided to you in the application. Letters should be addressed to Robert Boutin, MD, Clinical Professor, Fellowship Program Director. One letter must be from your Program Director and two from additional faculty members in your department. They must be dated, signed and on official institutional letterhead.
Applications will not be considered complete until all documents and letters have been received.