Musculoskeletal Imaging Fellowship
Acting Fellowship Director (August 2021 - May 2022): Robert D. Boutin, MD
Fellowship Director (Sabbatical August 2021 - May 2022): Sandip Biswal, MD
Fellowship Coordinator: Dianna Ziehm
The application period for the 2023-2024 Fellowship year is
August 1, 2021 - January 1, 2022
Interviews will be held between February - March 2022
MSK Fellowship Overview
The Stanford Musculoskeletal Imaging Fellowship is a one-year clinical fellowship for which there are three positions. Highlights of the fellowship include extensive involvement in musculoskeletal MRI with an emphasis on sports injuries and musculoskeletal US and CT. Additionally, radiographic studies, arthrograms, and tenograms are performed. Dedicated time for research is provided, and Fellows are expected to participate actively in research with faculty radiologists as well as Stanford’s world-renowned imaging physicists and engineers.
Qualified applicants will have an MD degree or a DO degree and will have successfully completed training and taken National Boards in an ACGME-accredited diagnostic radiology program in the U.S. by the time the fellowship begins. Candidates who have a DO degree must include the original COMLEX score sheet with their application.
Candidates must be eligible to obtain a California Medical License, which is required prior to the start of fellowship. Please refer to the Medical Board of California website for eligibility information and license application.
MSK Fellowship Application
Please upload the documents listed below. The following standards must be used when uploading your documents:
- All documents except your photo must be uploaded as a PDF. Word documents will not be accepted.
- You must use the naming convention shown in order for your application to be accepted.
- Documents that are password protected will not be accepted.
Documents to upload
- Curriculum Vitae (CandidateLastName_CandidateFirstName_CV)
- USMLE (or COMLEX) scores (CandidateLastName_ CandidateFirstName_USMLE or COMLEX)
- Digital Headshot (Passport size, jpeg) (CandidateLastName_ CandidateFirstName_Photo)
- Personal Statement (your name at the top of the document) (CandidateLastName_ CandidateFirstName_PersonalStatement)
Three letters of recommendation are required to be submitted by referees via the online link provided to you in the application. One letter must be from your Program Director and two from additional faculty members in your department. They must be dated, signed and on official institutional letterhead. Letters must be received within 5 business days of submitting your application.
Applications will not be considered complete until all documents and letters have been received.