MIPS Trainees Council
We are very excited that the MIPS Trainees Council was launched February 2018. We hope this council will be a great resource to trainees and faculty alike. In addition to running monthly socials, we will gather information on trainee needs that will be used to guide workshops and seminars throughout the year. More updates to follow soon.
Aims of the MIPS Trainees Council
- To enrich both the training and social experiences of MIPS trainees (any non-academic faculty)
- To give trainees a platform to voice their needs (e.g. scientific, professional, career, wellness, etc.)
- To act as a link between trainees and faculty to facilitate the above needs
- To create a strong peer network amongst trainees
- To strengthen the community for all members
Vision of the Council
To acheive these aims, the Council will do the following:
- Organize monthly trainee socials
- Plan professional and personal development workshops based on trainee needs
- Welcome new MIPS trainees to the community
- Promote the accomplishments of MIPS research groups
Welcome to Stanford!
Check out the Introductory Booklet (attached below) to get all the insight, advice, explanations, and tidbits you'll need to know about navigating Stanford. And reach out to anyone on the Council with questions or advice of your own!