Welcome to the Staff Mentorship Program!
Stanford is a large institution. If you are looking to connect with leaders and get objective advice to strengthen your decision-making, leadership skills and business acumen, the School of Medicine Staff Mentorship Program is a great place for you to start.
Through the Staff Mentorship Program, we strive to create an opportunity for participants to build strong connections that cut across departments- broadening perspectives and creating a greater sense of belonging within the larger Stanford ecosystem. Participation in either role will allow you to build connections and community, support others, and better understand your role within your division, department, and the SoM.
By honoring the lived experience and expertise of each individual, this program sets out to encourage thought partnership and solutioning- providing a space for the expansion of knowledge and ability of both the mentee and mentor. We value the diversity of our workforce and want to continue to build on Stanford’s IDEAL principles through our mentoring sphere.
At Stanford University School of Medicine, we have a specific call to action to develop diverse leaders. We believe in mentoring and sponsoring people to advance justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI).
Benefits for Mentees
- Enhance your professional network
- Clarify your professional goals
- Learn how to conduct yourself in an informational interview
- Listen to constructive feedback for growth and improvement
- Gain organizational knowledge
- Connect with fellow mentees via monthly cohort meetings
Benefits for Mentors
- Establish strong relationships throughout the organization
- Encourage continuous learning
- Serve as a trusted ally who provides guidance
- Gain recognition for your skills and experience
- Achieve a sense of fulfilment and personal growth
- Reinforce your own knowledge of your areas of expertise
- Share best practices