The level of support for physics residents in Years 01 and 02 is identical to that for Year 01 and Year 02 medical residents (PGY2 and PGY3), respectively, and is administered through the Office of Graduate Medical Education. Partial funding for these residents has been and is expected to continue to be derived from the operations of the Physics Division outreach program.
Policies and Procedures
As an institution, Stanford School of Medicine is dedicated to the training of this nation's future leaders in the scholarly practice of clinical medicine and biomedical research.
The educational objectives of its residencies are:
- To provide excellent clinical education
- To provide opportunities to explore research and teaching
- To teach the necessary skills to sustain a lifetime of learning
- To encourage lifelong ethical and moral behavior in the practice of medicine and in the conduct of research
- To assure development of effective skills in communicating with patients, colleagues, and the public, and to ensure the humane and caring practice of medicine
For GME's up-to-date Policies and Procedures please visit this page.