Clinical Biochemical Genetics Fellowship
The fellowship program seeks to attract individuals of diverse backgrounds and experience interested in pursuing careers in medical genetics. The fellowship is open to holders of PhD, MD or MD/PhD degrees.
To develop individuals with the technical and medical knowledge and leadership skills necessary to provide laboratory services that meet the constantly evolving needs of children and adults in the 21st century, and to train the next generation of laboratory scientists in Biochemical Genetics.
- Educate fellows in the delivery of high-quality laboratory services in clinical biochemical genetics.
- Provide an excellent broad-based training in a scholarly environment in order to develop future laboratory scientists with a focus on scholarly pursuit in biochemical genetics.
- Develop clinical biochemical geneticists who are able to systematically interpret scholarly work for integration into patient care.
- Foster development of leadership skills that will enable fellows to continue to advance the field of Clinical Biochemical Genetics.
Fellows are expected to undertake a mentored research project during their training. Trainees at Stanford have co-authored numerous peer-reviewed publications and have regularly presented their work at regional and national meetings.
Christy Tise presenting a poster at ACMG 2022
How to Apply
Clinical Biochemical Genetics is now accepting applications through September 30th, 2023. To be considered, all requisite materials must be submitted to the program coordinator by the deadline.
2. Personal Statement
3. Three Letters of Recommendation
Applicants whose training took place outside the US must have their credentials reviewed by ABMGG.
Program leadership will review applications in October-November and competitive candidates will be contacted about next steps.
Tina Cowan, PhD
Kristina Cusmano-Ozog, MD
Associate Program Director
Education Program Coordinator, Pediatrics
Stanford Clinical Biochemical Genetics Fellowship Program
Center for Academic Medicine
Department of Pediatrics, MC 5660
453 Quarry Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304