There are Four Tiers of grant (2020-21 amounts):
- Full Tuition Grant of $20,731 per quarter, based on family income and assets.
- LEADER Supplement (Living Expense Award for Diversity Enhancement and Recruitment) - Up to $6,000/qtr; eligibility based on family income and assets. Offered to students demonstrating 'high' financial need.
- Maximum Grant of $16,170 per quarter.
- Middle Income Assistance Program (MIAP) of $8,085 per quarter.
Middle-Income Assistance Program Grant (MIAP)
The Middle-Income Assistance Program was established in an effort to provide financial assistance to students who come from middle-income families. Eligibility is based on:
- Students receiving less than $24,255 in Basic Stanford Grant support for three quarters of enrollment (or less than $32,340 for four quarters of enrollment).
- Students demonstrating at least $1 financial aid need.
Over-funding with MIAP is not allowed.
For the 2020-2021 academic year, Stanford University School of Medicine will match parental offers of $8,085 per quarter (up to $24,255 for those enrolled three quarters or up to $32,340 for those enrolled four quarters).
The MIAP grant awarded may not exceed the maximum grant allowed at the TMR tuition rate (e.g., $3,411 each quarter). Matching funds will be awarded only up to the cost of tuition.
Students paying the research rate (i.e. completing a Medical Scholars Project) are ineligible for MIAP funding.
Note: The manner in which matched funds are made available to the student is between the student and their parents. The School of Medicine Financial Aid Office does not regulate how these funds are applied. Financial aid cannot replace matched funds.