All requests for form completions and verifications should be submitted electronically by either using the Registrar's Office Request Form or by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "SECURE:" in the subject line.
Many graduating students who are planning to continue their training through a residency program will be asked to have documents completed by school officials as part of their on-boarding process. Plan accordingly for residency program on-boarding deadlines. Residency Programs commonly will require verification of pending graduation as well as certification of MD degree conferral.
The associated residency program coordinator should be able to let you know what they will accept as official verification of your pending graduation during the time you’re waiting for your final official transcript and diploma to become available.
- The SoM Registrar’s Office will assist with processing residency program on-boarding verifications and state licensure forms as needed. Use the Registrar’s Office Request Form to submit your request.
- For interim verifications, a Letter of Good Standing can be requested to cover your current status as a student in good standing along with matriculation and pending graduation dates.
- If a state licensure form is required, be sure to complete any student/alumni required section(s) and submit the form as an attachment to your request form. Alternatively, you can send forms as email attachments sent to email@example.com with “Secure:” included in the subject line.
- Residency program forms for MD program verification can also be submitted as an attachment using the request form.
For students attending a residency program, be sure to plan for the following:
- Stanford’s MD degree conferral for Spring Quarter occurs in mid-June (see Academic Calendar for exact date). Many Residency Programs will expect you to start their orientation and complete on-boarding paperwork before or at about the same time as Stanford’s graduation ceremony activities.
- Final official transcripts are only available after the applicable quarter’s degree conferral date. The University degree conferral is not finalized until the conferral date.
- Diplomas are not available until after the official degree conferral date.
- The University Registrar and the SoM Registrar do not have access to a copy of your diploma. You must scan, take a photo, or request an electronic copy of your diploma and submit it to the SoM Registrar when requesting a certified copy for residency or state licensing applications.