School of Medicine Registrar's Office USMLE® Information
To apply for a United States Medical Licensing Examination ® (USMLE®) Step 1 or Step 2 CK and CS Exam:
- Log on to the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) website
- Complete the online application
- At the end of the online application, there are instructions for completing a “Certification of Identification and Authorization Form." Print the form, provide your information, attach your photo, and enter your signature and date
- Scan the form and save it as a PDF file
- Submit the completed form by sending it as an attachment to the SoM Registrar's Office Document Request Form or send it as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Secure" in the subject line
- The form will be completed within 1 week. You will be notified by email when it is submitted to the NBME.
Applications for Step 1 exams, and in some cases Step 2 exams, require an online enrollment verification on the NBME website by the School of Medicine Registrar. The online verifications are completed at least once a week on Wednesdays.
Be sure to keep up with the latest self-assessment and exam news by checking the NBME's news webpage.