MCP Guidelines for Travel and Business Meals
Please review current Stanford COVID-19 Travel Guidelines before booking your trip.
MCP Department Guidelines
A business meal is a meal between 2 or more people which has a Stanford business purpose. Examples include taking a postdoc candidate out for lunch or meeting with a colleague from another institution during a meal to discuss research collaboration.
Requirements for reimbursement and/or Pcard use:
- Must be approved by your PI
- Provide a business purpose explanation: Was this a meal to discuss research collaboration? Lunch for a candidate? Tell us.
- Provide a list of all meal attendees by name, including their affiliation.
- Provide an itemized receipt.
- Do not exceed totals of: $40/$70/$135 per person for breakfast/lunch/dinner. Alcohol will not be reimbursed by your PI in most cases, check with your PI for approval.
For Seminar or Faculty meal guidelines, please see your administrative professional.
Additional Information and Resources
- Stanford Travel website
- School of Medicine Business Expense Guidelines
- If you are carrying Stanford owned equipment (includes laptops and computers) out of the United States, fill out the Annual or One Time Temporary Export/Reexport form
- Fly America Act
- Postdoc Travel
- Stanford Travel Tutorial can be found on Axess: Traveling for Stanford FIN-0400