Harman Scholar Program
LETTER OF INTENT DEADLINE: Monday, March 2, 2020 - 5:00 p.m.
FULL PROPOSAL (by invitation) DEADLINE: Monday, May 18, 2020 - 5:00 pm
The Stanford Maternal and Child Health Research Institute (MCHRI) Harman Scholar program support mid-career Stanford faculty (associate professor) with Medical Center Line (MCL)** appointments in clinical departments as follows
- $100,000 per year for up to 3 years
- Use the resources first for their remuneration and benefits and second to support research costs such that there shall be demonstrable, significant and meritorious scholarship/research activities related to innovation in maternal or child health
**MCL applicants should only apply for either the Harman or Faculty Scholar RFA, not both. If applicant applies for both mechanisms, their application may not be accepted.
Letter of Intent: Submit your letter of intent (LOI) with biosketch and other support page at the following link below, per the application instructions. You do not need to submit your LOI via your RPM.
Forms for Applicants
Letter of Intent deadline (required): Monday, March 2, 2020 - 5:00 p.m.
Applicants notified to proceed with full proposals: Late March 2020
Full proposal deadline (by invitation): Monday, May 18, 2020 - 5:00 p.m.
Notification of selected proposals: July 2020
$100,000 per year for up to 3 years
To be eligible for the award, the applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Hold a MCL faculty (associate professor) appointment in clinical departments.
- Be a member of MCHRI. Visit here to apply for MCHRI Membership.
- Have a track record of focusing the majority of their research on maternal or child health.
- An individual with an acting associate professor position in a clinical department may beeligible as long as his/her formal associate professor MCL faculty appointment is approvedby the Provost Office by Sept. 1, 2020, the start date of the award.
- Has not previously held a MCHRI Harman or Faculty Scholar award.
- Eligible faculty cannot hold more than one Faculty scholarship (including MCHRI Harman & Faculty Scholar Awards) at any given time per University guidelines.
|Year||# of Applications||# of Awards||Funding Rate||Total Awarded
Harman Scholar Program Co-Chairs
Please contact MCHRI Administration or 650-724-0279 with any questions.