The Stanford Maternal and Child Health Research Institute (MCHRI) Pilot Grants funds innovative maternal and child health-focused clinical and translational research in the following categories:
Category I: Pilot Early Career ($35K)
Category II: New Ideas for Mid/Senior Investigators ($35K)
All projects must be significantly related to the health of expectant mothers and children. The applicant can be any practitioner or scientist who has a focus on maternal or child health research.
*NEW* Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice (DEIJ)
MCHRI is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in all aspects of our work supporting research, education and resources in maternal and child health.
All applicants will be asked to provide a DEIJ statement in their application.
QSU Biostatistics Office Hours
MCHRI members and their mentees who are planning to apply to the Pilot Grant Program may sign up for office hours with a data scientist. Reserve your 1-hour at the registration link below:
Reserve available Office Hours here for August 9, 11, 16, 17.
Please see our website and policy for more information about the QSU and their deadlines.
|Application Deadline||October 3, 2022|
|Notification of Awards||December 2022|
|Award Start Date||January 1, 2023|
The project proposed must be feasible and completed within 12 months.
Forms for Applicants
Funding is offered in the following categories:
- Category I: Pilot Early Career - $35,000
- Category II: New Ideas for Mid/Senior Investigators - $35,000
- All applicants must have, or plan on, having a focus on maternal child1 health research.
- All applicants and their mentors must be MCHRI Members.
- A Primary Research Mentor must be identified for instructors or assistant professors.
- All applicants must continue to be appointed at the Instructor rank or above for the duration of the award, including any extensions.
- The following are not eligible:
- Clinician Educators (CEs). (See Clinician Educator Grants Program)
- Visiting scholars to Stanford
- Senior Research Scientists, Research Associates/Assistants
- Former recipients of MCHRI/PRF/LPFCH-sponsored awards who have not complied with award/reporting requirements.
- Mentor or applicants who have not cleared overdraft(s) in previous MCHRI awards prior to applying
|Instructor||Asst. Prof.||Assoc. Prof
|YEAR||# of Applications||# of Awards||Funding Rate||Total Awarded|
Visit Policy Updates for more information.
Visit Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Program Panel Chairs
Please contact MCHRI Administration at email@example.com or 650-724-0279 with any questions.