DEADLINE: Monday, October 4, 2021 - 5:00 PM PST
The Stanford Maternal and Child Health Research Institute (MCHRI) Pilot Grants funds innovative maternal and child health-focused clinical and translational research in the following categories:
Category I: Pilot Early Career ($35K)
Category II: New Ideas for Mid/Senior Investigators ($35K)
All projects must be significantly related to the health of expectant mothers and children. The applicant can be any practitioner or scientist who has a focus on maternal or child health research.
Forms for Applicants
Forms coming soon.
New Requirement for Lay Summary in 2021 Application Cycle
Applicants will be required to submit a Lay Summary in their application, as outlined in the grant instructions above. Briefly and clearly provide the rationale and objective for the proposed research project in a manner readily understood by a general audience. Avoid using acronyms, jargon, or technical, field-specific terminology. Should not be more than 300 words.
Funding is offered in the following categories:
- Category I: Pilot Early Career - $35,000
- Category II: New Ideas for Mid/Senior Investigators - $35,000
- All applicants must have, or plan on, having a focus on maternal child health research.
- All applicants and their mentors must be MCHRI Members.
- A Primary Research Mentor must be identified for instructors or assistant professors.
- All applicants must continue to be appointed at the Instructor rank or above for the duration of the award, including any extensions.
- The following are not eligible:
- Clinician Educators (CEs) - See Clinician Educator Grants Program
- Visiting scholars to Stanford
- Senior Research Scientists, Research Associates/Assistants
- Former recipients of MCHRI/PRF/LPFCH-sponsored awards who have not complied with award/reporting requirements
- Mentor or applicants who have not cleared overdraft(s) in previous MCHRI awards prior to applying
Visit Policy Updates for more information.
Visit Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Program Panel Chairs
Please contact MCHRI Administration at email@example.com or 650-724-0279 with any questions.