DEADLINE: Monday, April 4, 2022 - 11:59 PM PT
No late applications will be accepted.
The Stanford Maternal and Child Health Research Institute (MCHRI) Pilot Grants funds innovative maternal and child health-focused clinical and translational research in the following categories:
Category I: Pilot Early Career ($35K)
Category II: New Ideas for Mid/Senior Investigators ($35K)
All projects must be significantly related to the health of expectant mothers and children. The applicant can be any practitioner or scientist who has a focus on maternal or child health research.
QSU Biostatistics Consultations
The Stanford Maternal and Child Health Research Institute (MCHRI) partners with the Quantitative Sciences Unit (QSU) in the Department of Medicine at Stanford University to provide comprehensive biostatistics and data management support for research that is directly related to maternal and child health. Please request QSU consults at least 6 weeks in advance of a submission deadline.
Reserve your 1-hour consultation here.
Consultation appointments are available on:
Monday, January 31, 2022
MCHRI members and their mentees who are planning to apply to the MCHRI Pilot Grants Program may sign up for a free one-hour, one-on-one consultation with a data scientist. The number of consultations per person/research team shall be limited to one. Reserve your 1-hour consultation at the registration link above. Please include the title and brief description of your proposal when completing your registration form.
The Zoom meeting link will be emailed to you after registration. If you are unable to make it, please cancel your registration so others may have the opportunity to sign up.
|Application Deadline||April 4, 2022|
|Notification of Awards||June 2022|
|Award Start Date||July 1, 2022|
The project proposed must be feasible and completed within 12 months.
Forms for Applicants
Funding is offered in the following categories:
- Category I: Pilot Early Career - $35,000
- Category II: New Ideas for Mid/Senior Investigators - $35,000
- All applicants must have, or plan on, having a focus on maternal child1 health research.
- All applicants and their mentors must be MCHRI Members.
- A Primary Research Mentor must be identified for instructors or assistant professors.
- All applicants must continue to be appointed at the Instructor rank or above for the duration of the award, including any extensions.
- The following are not eligible:
- Clinician Educators (CEs). (See Clinician Educator Grants Program)
- Visiting scholars to Stanford
- Senior Research Scientists, Research Associates/Assistants
- Former recipients of MCHRI/PRF/LPFCH-sponsored awards who have not complied with award/reporting requirements.
- Mentor or applicants who have not cleared overdraft(s) in previous MCHRI awards prior to applying
|Instructor||Asst. Prof.||Assoc. Prof
|Year||# of Applications
||#of Awards||Funding Rate
Visit Policy Updates for more information.
Visit Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Program Panel Chairs
Please contact MCHRI Administration at email@example.com or 650-724-0279 with any questions.