Faculty Scholar Program
LETTER OF INTENT (LOI) DEADLINE: Monday, March 1, 2021 - 5:00 PM PST
FULL PROPOSAL (by invitation) DEADLINE: Monday, May 31, 2021 - 5:00 PM PST
MCHRI Faculty Scholar Awards support mid to late Assistant, or early Associate Professor* appointed as Non-Tenure Line, Research (NTLR), University Tenure Line (UTL) or Medical Center Line (MCL) Faculty as follows:
- $100,000 per year for up to 5 years;
- Use the resources first for their remuneration and benefits and second to support research costs such that there shall be demonstrable, significant and meritorious scholarship/research activities related to innovation in maternal or child health.
* Early Associate Professor is defined as “within the first three years or the first term”
|Letter of Intent (LOI) Deadline||Monday, March 1, 2021|
|Notification of Selected LOIs||April 2021|
|Full Proposal (by invitation) Deadline||Monday, May 31, 2021|
|Notification of Awards||July 2021|
|Award Start Date||September 1, 2021|
*Submit your letter of intent (LOI) with biosketch and other support page submitted as one PDF at the link above, per the application instructions. You do not need to submit your LOI via your RPM.
**MCL applicants should only apply for either the Harman or Faculty Scholar RFA, not both. If an applicant applies for both mechanisms, their application may not be accepted.
Forms for Applicants
$100,000 per year for up to 5 years
To be eligible for the award, the applicant must meet these criteria:
- Hold a NTLR, UTL or MCL faculty appointment within the University
- Be a member of MCHRI. Visit here to apply for MCHRI Membership.
- Have a track record of focusing the majority of their research on maternal or child health.
- Has not previously held a MCHRI Harman or Faculty Scholar award.
- Applicants should review the full policy document posted on the program website for complete eligibility criteria.
|YEAR||# of Applications||# of Awards||Fudning Rate||Total Awarded
Visit the Faculty Scholar Awards page.
If the project is not completed within 12 months due to unforeseen circumstances, a no-cost extension (NCX) of up to 6 additional months may be requested (total study period not to exceed 18 months). Please complete a No-Cost Extension Request Form.
Visit Policy Updates for more information.
Visit Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Please contact MCHRI Administration at email@example.com or 650-724-0279 with any questions.