Master's Tuition Program
Application Deadline: February 13, 2023 at 11:59 PM PT
The intent of the MCHRI Master’s Tuition Program (MTP) is to support those planning to pursue a career as a physician scientist, spending the majority of their time doing NIH funded basic or clinical research related to maternal and child health (MCH). The MCHRI project serves as the MS thesis project.
We expect applicants to pursue a MS degree in health research policy, clinical research, epidemiology, or similar areas in support of the intent of the funding mechanism. Approved MS programs include:
- MS program in Epidemiology and Clinical Research
- MS program in Health Policy
- MS program in Community Health & Prevention Research (CHPR)
- MS program in Education Data Science
- *NEW* MS program in Translational Research and Applied Medicine (M-TRAM)
- Other MS programs on or off Stanford campus that meet the theme of the MTP program may be considered.
Programs not eligible:
- MS program in Business Administration (MBA)
- MA program in Education
- MA in Public Policy
- Other MS programs not related to the development or career of a physician scientist
Applicants must apply directly for admission to the MS degree program prior to and independent of the MCHRI application for tuition support.
All projects must be significantly related to the health of expectant mothers and children.
Forms for Applicants
|Application Deadline||February 13, 2023|
|Notification of Awards||April 2023|
|Award Start Date||September 1, 2023|
Total award is up to $65,000 for two years ($32,500 per year). One proposal per applicant is accepted each cycle.
- Applicant must be a Physician Fellow, Instructor, or Assistant Professor in Pediatrics or a subspecialty primarily focused on maternal and child health (e.g., maternal fetal medicine, or pediatric neurology, surgery, radiology, or other disciplines).
- Applicant must have sufficient protected time to complete the MS degree and research program in a maximum of two-years.
- All applicants must have or plan to have a focus on maternal child health research or wish to expand their interest in maternal child health research.
- All applicants must have legal residence in the United States (Applicants with H or J visas are eligible)
- Visiting Scholars are NOT eligible
|YEAR||# of Applications||# of Awards
Visit the Master's Tutition Program (MTP) Awards page.
Visit Policy Updates for more information.
Visit Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Please contact MCHRI Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-724-0279 with any questions.