Clinician Educator Grants
The Clinician Educator (CE) Grants Program aims to encourage, develop, and support CEs to pursue impactful and meaningful clinical research for the area of the proposed work. Applications may include involvement of other Allied Health Professionals.
Types of Research
Research must be primarily related to maternal child health. “Child” refers to the expectant mother, oocyte, zygote, embryo, fetus, infant, child, and/or adolescent.
Projects must be novel to the field and can be a continuation or expansion of the investigator’s current research.
The following areas of research are eligible:
- Patient-oriented research
- Epidemiological and behavioral studies
- Outcomes research and health services research
*NEW* Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice (DEIJ)
MCHRI is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in all aspects of our work supporting research, education and resources in maternal and child health.
All applicants will be asked to provide a DEIJ statement in their application.
QSU Biostatistics Office Hours
MCHRI members and their mentees who are planning to apply to the Clinician Educator Grant Program may sign up for office hours with a data scientist. Reserve your 1-hour at the registration link below:
Reserve available Office Hours here for August 9, 11, 16, 17.
Please see our website and policy for more information about the QSU and their deadlines.
|Application Deadline||October 3, 2022|
|Notification of Awards||December 2022|
|Award Start Date||January 1, 2023|
The performance period is 12 months and the project proposed must be feasible within this timeframe.
Forms for Applicants
Up to $35,000 for one year
- All Clinician Educators (CE) at the rank of Clinical Instructor or above can apply
- All applicants must have or plan on having a focus on maternal child health research, or wish to expand their interest in maternal child health research
- A Primary Research Mentor is required for Clinical Instructors & Clinical Assistant Professors.
- All applicants must continue to be appointed at the Clinical Instructor rank or above for the duration of the award, including any extensions.
- A Mentor Support Form is required from the Primary Research Mentor for Clinical Instructors & Clinical Assistant Professors. Upon creation of an Online Application Record by the applicant (we encourage applicants to create a record at least 4 weeks prior to submission deadline), the Primary Research Mentor will receive an automated email with a unique link to complete the Mentor Support Form. For further instructions on the Mentor Support Form, please go here.
- The applicant and mentor are required to be MCHRI Members to apply for this grant. The mentor should be at the Associate Professor or Professor rank.
- A primary research mentor is not required for Associate Professor and Professor ranks. The Mentor Support Form is optional. However, if you select ‘yes’ when submitting your Online Application Record and choose to designate a primary research mentor, your mentor will be required to submit the Mentor Support Form.
- Projects must be novel to the field (i.e., not previously described in literature) but can be a continuation or expansion of the investigator’s current research.
|YEAR||# of Applications||# of Awards||Funding Rate||Total Awarded|
Visit the Clinician Educator Awards page.
If the project is not completed within 12 months due to unforeseen circumstances, a no-cost extension (NCX) of up to 6 additional months may be requested (total study period not to exceed 18 months). Please complete a No-Cost Extension Request Form.
Visit Policy Updates for more information.
Visit Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Program Panel Chairs
Please contact MCHRI Administration at email@example.com or 650-724-0279 with any questions.