Be where you can make a difference working alongside some of the brightest and advanced thinkers in the world!
Stanford University is an employer of choice in the Silicon Valley and offers a variety of benefits beyond traditional vacation, medical, dental, retirement and savings options. Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a film screening or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums. Enroll your children in sports camps, or attend a University division I athletic event (over 100 annually to choose from).
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts, and more.
We invite you to join our team!
Discover all that Stanford University has to offer!
Check out the Cardinal at Work website for information on benefits, work-life balance, employee resources, total compensation and more.
It's pretty "sweet" to be connected with Stanford! Stanford Sweeteners presents the "sweetest" perks and rewards of being affiliated with Stanford, from discounts and incentives to facilities access and professional development.
Current Open Positions
Administrative Associate II, Temporary *NEW*
- Stanford LCGM is seeking an experienced administrative professional to provide administrative and operational support working under general supervision. Apply by emailing your resume here.
- Respond to inquiries, determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, complex reports, brochures, and displays.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies. Solicit information and develop agendas for staff meetings and other meetings.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed. Coordinate office moves.
- May serve as the point of contact for general maintenance, health and safety, and other facility concerns within the unit(s); report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate representatives. Track completion of required training.
- Maintain approved content on websites.
- Act as point of contact for on-site staff-related activities, queries; point of contact for onsite on-boarding activities including welcome activities, introductions, and provide onsite direction to queries from new hires.
As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply to all university employees, including those working remotely in the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff, please visit https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/working-stanford/covid-19/interim-policies/covid-19-surveillance-testing-policy
Stanford University provides pay ranges representing its good faith estimate of what the University reasonably expects to pay for a position. The pay offered to a selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal equity, geographic location, and external market pay for comparable jobs. The pay range for this position working in the California Bay area is $30 to $35 per hour.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- General office environment.
Operations Specialist *NEW*
- Perform specialized, diverse work activities and coordinate solutions, to support activities of maintenance, repair, qualification, and validation for a cGMP facility producing innovative cell and gene therapies for rare diseases. Job ID 97905 View Details