I Need Help!
Reporting an Incident
• Lost or stolen device -
Report it to the University Privacy Office.**
Also report the loss to the police and to your Stanford manager.
• Report any other privacy incident to the Privacy Office
Examples of these are on the flip side
** Due to governmental reporting requirements, it is essential to notify the Privacy Office as soon as possible.
More about incidents
Lost Devices to Report:
laptop/desktop, mobile device, external storage device (USB drive, flash drive, camera memory card).
Other Privacy Incidents:
• Loss of paper/hard copy sensitive data
• Possible compromise of High Risk data
• A privacy complaint at any time when a patient, research participant, student, or client feels their privacy rights have been violated
• Attempts to gain unauthorized access to a system or data
• Unwanted disruption or denial of service
• Unauthorized use of a system to process or store data
• Changes to hardware, firmware, or software without the owner's knowledge or consent
• Known or suspected installation of malware, keylogger, or ransomware
• Compromised user account