Our Service Level Agreement describes the TDS Operational Services provided to clients in support of their ongoing business. This is used in conjunction with customer-specific agreements for particular services. It does not describe other TDS services, such as application development or business systems analysis, which are managed on a project basis.
Summary of Service Information
TDS Staff Availability
- TDS staff services generally available M-F, 8am - 5pm.
- After-hours help through Service Desk: (650) 725-8000.
- 24x7 response to Severity Level 1 outages for critical business systems.
Data Center Access
- Escorted access by appointment (M-F, 8am - 5pm).
- Systems accessible via the network 24x7, except for regularly-scheduled maintenance downtime.
- Standard downtime maintenance on Wednesdays, 3am - 6am.
- Other windows negotiated with each client, occurring between 7am and 7pm.
- Clients given at least three business days' notice of scheduled downtime.
- Client-specific email list (membership is set up and maintained by the client).
- This list will be used to communicate announcements, planned maintenance, and operational status of both systems and applications.
- Non-emergency requests must be submitted via HelpSU ticket. Requests must include:
- Client name
- System name
- Application name
- Nature of the request
- Date the change is needed
- Problem severity (Level 1, 2, 3 or 4)
- Emergency requests must be submitted either in person or via the Data Center hotline at (650) 725-8000. If the call transfers to voicemail, leave a message with your name and a phone number. The on-call Systems Administrator will be automatically paged within 5 minutes and will return your call.
System Requests Authority
- Clients must provide a list of those with the authority to make changes, including name, email address, and phone numbers for work, home, and cell.