This 4-hour virtual workshop will provide an introductory overview to the foundations of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for psychosis (CBTp). It will provide an introduction to CBT, explore how this approach is applied to working with individuals with both long-standing and early psychosis, and introduce key CBTp skills. The format of the workshop will include didactics, breakout groups for clinical discussion, clinical case presentation and experiential exercises.
- Introduce cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).
- Examine the application of CBT to working with psychosis.
- Introduce key skills in CBTp.
- Demonstrate skills in engagement, curious questioning, basic formulation, and interventions for attenuated and fully psychotic symptoms.
- Implement these principles in a culturally competent way.
This workshop is intended for anyone interested in learning more about how CBT is used to support individuals who are experiencing early psychosis or more long-standing psychosis.