Health & Health & Welfare benefits questions? Contact the SHC Benefits Service Center.
- Phone: 855.278.7157 (Mon-Fri, 5am-5pm Pacific)
Health Advocacy or Claims Resolution? Contact CareCounsel.
- Phone: 888.227.3334
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kathy Normant , Care Counsel Liaison
- Knormant@stanfordhealthcare.org; for more behavioral health issues,cases, and more complex questions.
- Contact Kathy if house staff are waiting 2 to 3 months for specialty care.
Retirement Savings Plan (RSP) questions? Contact Fidelity.
- Phone: 800.343.0860
HR & Payroll questions? Contact SHC HR Operations.
- Phone: 650.723.4748
- Visit: Ask HR
For Health & Welfare and Retirement benefits information, viewing benefits summary, or enrolling in benefits, visit Stanford Health Care (SHC) HealthySteps Benefits Portal at www.healthysteps4u.org*.
The portal provides information and instructions on:
- Health & Life: medical, dental, vision, employee assistance program, savings and spending accounts (health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, health reimbursement account), life & disability, COBRA, and more
- Behavioral health coverage is covered by Aetna, not Optum
- Life Events: birth/adoption, death, divorce, marriage or domestic partnership, work injury or non-work injury, termination, and other life events, and more
- Retirement: retirement savings plan, and more
- Wellness: HealthySteps program
- Additional Benefits and Special Programs: adoption, auto/home insurance, back-up chlidcare, educational assistance, group legal plan, identity theft protection, pet insurance, Stanford Community benefits, special programs travel assistance, and more
- View or change your benefits
*When using HealthySteps4U, Chrome is the best browser to use.
House Staff Travel Insurance
For travel outside of the United States, the medical plan does have emergency coverage. It is coverage for a true emergency that is provided. It does not coverage continuing services or other routine services, so the coverage is very limited. Employees who are traveling outside of the US may want to look into getting personal international travel insurance for healthcare. See BTA Insurance Certificate for details.
House Staff Retirement Matching
January 1, 2022, plan enhancements include:
Basic Employer Contribution of 2% will be deposited into your Fidelity account
Matching Employer Contribution up to 2% will also be deposited into your Fidelity account