GME Diversity Committee
led by residents/fellows
We provide a comprehensive list of all the diversity groups at the department, program, and administrative level. Our goal is to make transparent the diverse support systems on all levels at Stanford School of Medicine. Let us know if we're missing any groups!
We hold several events to foster unity and support for
- prospective interviewing house staff- recruitments and socials
- current house staff - social events, network with faculty
We encounter similar but also unique situations. Know that you are not alone, and we're here to help!
If you have questions about professional development or any situations, feel free to speak with a fellow committee member or faculty advisors.
Last Revised 07/19/2018
Our goal is to create a medical community that is reflective of the community and the world that we serve. We believe that we can best achieve this goal by addressing systems of privilege including those based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and physical ability. Representation matters, period. Our mission and values align with the goals of Stanford Medicine.
Annual Diversity Event
this is a reminder about our upcoming annual diversity event on September 19. We will meet at at the Munzer Auditorium for a diversity panel discussion (11 am), Grand Rounds lecture (noon), diversity food fair (1-2:30 pm), an imposter syndrome workshop (2:30-3:30 pm) and a SMAC workshop (3:30-4:30). I enclose more details about the diversity panel and the Grand Rounds speaker Dr. Gentry Patrick and his lecture.
This is a diversity event: Nobody is excluded and everyone is welcome! See you there!
Thank you for supporting diversity at Stanford Radiology!
Heike E. Daldrup-Link, M.D., Ph.D.
Location - Alway M106
- Neurology/Child Neurology
- Internal Medicine
Leadership & Council Members
Receptions & Socials
- Prospective housestaff who are exploring a Stanford training program are encouraged to attend the Diversity Reception & Social to meet with our community.
- Dates: 11/6, 11/25, 12/12, and 1/16; from 5-6pm
- Location: D-Core L003
- Stanford Faculty and Housestaff are welcome to attend.
- Event Contact: Trey Huynh-Ngo
For those interested in becoming mentors, please click on the link below and fill out the form.
Opportunities for mentoring medical and pre-medical students include the Navigating Medicine series. See below for details.
- This program is to connect medical students with residents through specialty centered socials in order for organic mentoring relationships to grow.
- This is open to all medical students, but has a special focus on those students who are underrepresented in medicine.
- These networking events will feature 3 specialties per event, and you will have the opportunity to rotate between specialties to meet residents and ask questions.
- Our hope is that you meet residents you resonate with, and reach out to them after the event to continue your conversation and establish a mentee - mentor relationship.
- If you're a housestaff wishing to participate as a mentor, please contact Audrey Verde, MD, PhD, Mentorship Programs Co-Chair.
Feel free to contact the GME Diversity Committee with any questions.