Peds GI Advocacy
The Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition has an active group of faculty, staff and LCPH employees inclusive of pediatric gastroenterologists and hepatologists, GI dieticians, GI social workers and administrative colleagues that meet monthly to discuss critical and important issues as it relates to Advocacy.
Click here to access our Department of Pediatrics Advocacy Program Website.
Noelle Ebel, Brian Richter, Leina Alrabadi, Amrita Narang, Ann Ming Yeh, Chris Fink, Diane Hsu, Danielle Lecky, Garret Forshee, Jami Zamyad, Kavita Nandra, Kate O'Hearn, Marwa Abu El Haija, Shweta Namjoshi, Nasim Khavari, Christine Nguyen, Roberto Gugig, Rachel Herdes, Venus Kalami, Lisa Chamberlain, Melanie Ramirez, Madhura Phadke.
- Created a free Peds GI Library (Winter 2021)
- Secured the Developmental Assessment of Young Children | Second Edition (Winter 2021)
- LGBTQ program, FCS of Silicon Valley (Winter 2020)
- Vot-ER Badges (Fall 2020)
- Ronald McDonald House Supply Drive (Fall 2020)
- Division Wide Racial Injustice Listening and Action Planning Session (Summer 2020)
- City of Palo Alto Utilities Project PLEDGE (Summer 2020)
- Family and Children Services of Silicon Valley (Winter 2019)
- Second Harvest Food Drive (Fall 2019)
- GI Advocacy Manuscript
- Healthy Diet Initiative
- Updating/Sharing Patient Advocacy Materials
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statements
Presenters & Topics
- Lisa Patel - "OpEd's"
- Dr. Tom Robinson "Child Obesity Expert"
- Dr. Laura Schmidt "UCSF Healthy Beverage Initiative"
- Dr. Seema Yasmin - "Q&A session: Engaging with Media and Debunking Misinformation"
- Dr. Ken Sutha "Stanford Medicine and Abilities Coalition"
- Dr. Christine Nguyen "Pitching Media"
- Dr. Jill Krissberg - "Successes, Failures, Impact on Disparties"
- Dr. Elizabeth Shepard - "Pediatric Weight Management"