Film Screening and Panel Discussion
Join us for a screening of A Place At The Table followed by a panel discussion.
50 Million Americans—1 in 4 children—don’t know where their next meal is coming from. A Place at the Table tells the powerful stories of three such Americans, who maintain their dignity even as they struggle just to eat. In a riveting journey that will change forever how you think about the hungry, A Place at the Table shows how the issue could be solved forever, once the American public decides—as they have in the past—that ending hunger is in the best interests of us all.
- Christopher Gardner, Associate Professor of Medicine, Stanford’s School of Medicine, Moderator
- Roz Naylor, Professor of Environmental Earth System Science and Director of the Center on Food Security and the Environment, Stanford University
- Priya Fielding-Singh, Ph.D. Student, Department of Sociology and Founder, Stanford Food Forum
- Cindy McCown, Vice President of Programs & Services, Second Harvest Food Bank
- Miguel Villarreal, Director of Food and Nutritional Services (FANS), Novato Unified School District