OFDD’s skills-building workshops are designed to teach the skills needed to develop faculty careers. Offered free of charge, these cover a range of topics necessary for advancing faculty careers.
These workshops are held throughout the year and have covered the following topics:
- Acting with Power
- Conflict Resolution
- Delegation Strategies
- Delivering Dynamic Presentations
- Design Thinking
- Effective Time Management
- Effective Virtual Presentations
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- How and When to Say "No and "Yes" in Career and in Life
- Knowing and Using Your Strengths
- Negotiation Skills
- Overcoming Unintended Bias and Other Cognitive Errors
OFDD also provides an “On-Demand Series” of workshops on topics including mentorship, team-building, bias, and inclusion seminars to departments and groups across Stanford Medicine upon request.
Other skills-building workshops are offered across Stanford from the main campus Office of Faculty Development and from the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
For more information on workshops or suggestions for workshop topics: