OFDD’s skills-building workshops are designed to teach the skills needed to develop faculty careers. Offered free of charge, these cover a range of topics necessary for advancing faculty careers.
These workshops are held throughout the year and have covered the following topics:
- Effective Virtual Presentations
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- How and When to Say "No and "Yes" in Career and in Life
- Knowing and Using Your Strengths
- Negotiation Skills
- Overcoming Unintended Bias and Other Cognitive Errors
OFDD also provides an “On-Demand Series” of workshops on topics including mentorship, team-building, bias, and inclusion seminars to departments and groups across Stanford Medicine upon request.
Past skills-building workshops include the Faculty Fireside Chat Series.
For more information on workshops or suggestions for workshop topics: