OFDD’s skills-building workshops are designed to teach the skills needed to develop faculty careers. Offered free of charge, these cover a range of topics necessary for advancing faculty careers.
OFDD also offers workshops on the following topics:
- Acting with Power
- Conflict Resolution
- Delegation Strategies
- Delivering Dynamic Presentations
- Design Thinking
- Effective Time Management
- Effective Virtual Presentations
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- How and When to Say "No and "Yes" in Career and in Life
- Knowing and Using Your Strengths
- Negotiation Skills
- Overcoming Unintended Bias and Other Cognitive Errors
Other skills-building workshops are offered across Stanford from the main campus Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Development and Diversity and from Stanford Graduate School of Business.
Presentation Anxiety and Making Presentations Memorable
OFDD Skillsbuilding workshop instructor Matt Abrahams provides tips on managing presentation anxiety and making presentations memorable.