OFDD offers workshops throughout the year designed to teach the skills needed to develop faculty careers. These workshops are conducted in small groups that offer participants a sense of community and connection to faculty members across the entire the medical school campus. Workshops range from 1 hour to full day activities.
- Team science – Leading interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary research teams
- Skills-building Workshops – Developing effective leadership and communication skills
- Grant writing – Obtaining your first R01
- Route to Getting Grants (R2G2) Series –The R2G2 is a seminar series specially designed for junior faculty.
- On Demand Series x OFDD – OFDD offers individualized mentorship, team-building, bias, and inclusion seminars to departments and groups across Stanford Medicine upon request.
- Faculty Fireside Chats series – Medical Faculty Excellence in an Era of Social Justice Activism series is a new program sponsored by our Offices of Academic Affairs and of Faculty Development and Diversity.
Stanford’s Teaching LGBTQ+ Health Course
This course is open access to educators across the health professions, as well as other providers, staff, trainees, and patients. It includes both LGBTQ+ health content and recommendations for teaching this material to trainees in any discipline or clinical department.
An external resource for faculty skillsbuilding
The Faculty Factory is a faculty development community that shares tools to build academic leaders. Faculty Factory snippets are now available and specifically designed for faculty members.