OFDD offers workshops throughout the year designed to teach the skills needed to develop faculty careers. These workshops are conducted in small groups that offer participants a sense of community and connection to faculty members across the entire the medical school campus. Workshops range from 1 hour to full day activities.
- Centering Belonging to Empower Trainees in Academia – In this session for both PhD and MD faculty, leading educators in the PhD and MD spaces Jennifer Cohen, PhD, Takudzwa Shumba, MD, Latishya Steele, PhD, and Lahia Yemane, MD, discussed how different life experiences can influence the ways PhD and MD trainees navigate academia. Learn how to apply strategies to empower marginalized trainees in research, education, and clinical environments.
- Team science – Leading interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary research teams
- Skills-building Workshops – Developing effective leadership and communication skills
- Grant writing – Obtaining your first R01
- Route to Getting Grants (R2G2) Series –The R2G2 is a seminar series specially designed for junior faculty.
- On Demand Series x OFDD – OFDD offers individualized mentorship, team-building, bias, and inclusion seminars to departments and groups across Stanford Medicine upon request.
- Faculty Fireside Chats series – Medical Faculty Excellence in an Era of Social Justice Activism series is a new program sponsored by our Offices of Academic Affairs and of Faculty Development and Diversity.
Stanford’s Teaching LGBTQ+ Health Course
This course is open access to educators across the health professions, as well as other providers, staff, trainees, and patients. It includes both LGBTQ+ health content and recommendations for teaching this material to trainees in any discipline or clinical department.
An external resource for faculty skillsbuilding
The Faculty Factory is a faculty development community that shares tools to build academic leaders. Faculty Factory snippets are now available and specifically designed for faculty members.