The following are broad guides for developing teaching and learning skills from various institutions. Most are concise and will be useful for all experience levels.
Resources for Getting Started
Association of Medical Educators of Europe (AMEE)
- AMEE guides by topic are a great place to start with a variety of MedEd topics. They can be accessed through the Lane Library.
- AMEE Home
- AMEE Guides by topic
- Medical Teacher 12 Tips Series
- Best Evidence Medical and Health Professional Education Guides
- Medical Teacher Journal
- MedEd World
IDesign iDEA Book
Quick, well-organized guide to course design
MedEd Podcast from AAMC
MedEd portal is a peer-reviewed, open-access journal that promotes educational scholarship and dissemination of teaching and assessment resources in the health professions.
Michigan State DrEd Listserv
This listerv is very active and discussions range across numerous MedEd topics. Also check out this group's MedEd chat. The #mededchat chat takes place Thursday nights at 9 pm Eastern/NYC (6pm PST).
UCSF Educational Pearls
These single page guides will help acquaint you with common educational theories and strategies.
Instructional Methods in Health Professions Education Course
Instructional Methods in Health Professions Education
This course offers a high quality introduction to teaching in health professions education. Learning objectives below.
After completing this course, learners will:
1. Understand educational theory as it relates to health professions education
2. Match instructional methods with desired educational outcomes
3. Learn a variety of applied teaching techniques
4. Share successful teaching strategies
Wieman - Creating and Using Effective Learning Goals
Creating and Using Effective Learning Goals
Carl Wieman Science Education Initiative (CWSEI) and Univ. of Colorado-CU (CU-SEI)