eCampus provides users with access to a wide variety of resources online and related domains including, but not limited to, articles, reference tools, continuing education for medical professionals tools, communication tools, message boards and search services (the "Service"). The Service is for physicians and other health care professionals. Reference to "Web Site" means any of our eCampus websites.
Description of Services
The eCampus website provides access to an online palliative care curriculum for personal use and allows users to review the website content and participate in the curricular training exercises, blogs and other related activities which may be published on the website or distributed by email ('Services').
We include a lot of information within the Service, including articles, references, tools and continuing education for medical professionals. Please remember that all of the information available through the Service is meant for adults who are licensed healthcare professionals. While we hope you find the Service helpful, you should remember that it is not meant to serve as a substitute for your own clinical judgment as a healthcare professional.
eCampus does NOT provide medical advice. If you are a consumer who chooses to use the professional-level information available through the Service, you should not rely on that information as professional medical advice or use it to replace any relationship with your physician or other qualified healthcare professional. For medical concerns, including decisions about medications and other treatments, consumers should always consult their physician or, in serious cases, seek immediate assistance from emergency personnel.
We follow a standard set of editorial procedures for information that we make available through the Service. However, we don't offer you any warranty or guarantee related to our Service. We specifically disclaim any warranties, express or implied. It is your responsibility to evaluate the information and results from Service we provide.
If you are a healthcare professional, you should exercise your professional judgment in evaluating any information, and we encourage you to confirm the information made available or otherwise obtained through the Service with other standard sources before undertaking any treatment based on it. If you are a consumer, you should evaluate the information together with your physician or another qualified healthcare professional.
The use of the Service is at your own risk and the Service and the content are provided on as "AS IS" basis. Some information made available through the Service may be provided by our users. We're not responsible for that information. Whether the information is provided by us or our user, we're not liable for any damages resulting from your use of the information made available through the Service. Although we are selective about the organizations we link to, we don't assume any responsibility for any web sites that are linked to or from our Service.
While we welcome your feedback regarding the Service, we retain the right to make all the final decisions about the content made available through the Service. You can use the feedback link on our home page to send us comments. If you are dissatisfied with our response or with the content of the Service, your only remedy is to stop using the Service.
Your use of and access to the website and any material downloaded or otherwise obtained from the site is entirely at your own risk; the site's services are provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. We disclaim all warranties of any kind whether express or implied including, but not limited to, warranties that:
- The services will meet your requirements or expectations.
- The services will be uninterrupted or error free.
eCampus will not be liable for any damages resulting from or in connection with your use of the website. You understand that the videos and case studies featured in the curriculum are simulated and fictitious, unless specifically stated otherwise . The patients and family members featured in our video clips are actors. Any resemblance to any person living or dead is purely coincidental. No similarity to any person either living or dead is intended or should be inferred.
You understand that by using the services, you may encounter content that may be deemed upsetting, of a sensitive nature, offensive, indecent or otherwise objectionable. You agree to use the services at your sole risk and that we shall have no liability to you for content that may be found to be offensive, indecent or otherwise objectionable. The website may provide links to external sites or resources to which the above disclaimer also applies. You acknowledge that we have no control over the content or reliability of such sites or resources. This disclaimer applies also to any comment or messages posted on the curricular blogs.
By using the services, you (the user) agree not to:
- Upload or otherwise send us content that you do not have the right to make available under any applicable national law or contractual agreement.
- Upload or otherwise send us any software viruses or computer code intended to cause harm to computer hardware or software.
- Break any applicable national, local or international law.
- Collect, store or otherwise use any personal data from users of the site.
The services are available for health care professionals ( defined as physicians, nurses and social workers for the purposes of this documents).
Submissions, Comments and Forum Posts
By submitting a story or a comment to the site or a post to a forum (the 'Work'), you:
- Agree to grant eCampus a non-exclusive licence to publish the Work on the site. You may terminate this licence agreement with one (1) month's notice to eCampus. Notice should be delivered by email. In the case of email, this notice will be deemed to have been received on receipt of an electronic confirmation of delivery to you by eCampus.
- Warrant that the Work is original work, it has not been copied wholly or substantially from any other work or material and publication by eCampus of the Work on the site will not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party in any country of the world.
- Warrant that the Work does not violate United States Dept of Health and Human Services Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 ("HIPAA").
- Warrant that the Work contains nothing that is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, violates patient/family confidentiality or is otherwise objectionable or which infringes the statutory or common law rights of any third parties in any part of the world.
- The Work contains nothing that breaks any applicable national, local or international law.
- The Work does not contain a commercial intent, advertisement, chain letter or pyramid scheme.
- Acknowledge that the Work will be subject to feedback both by eCampus as well as other curricular users. If you are likely to take offence at feedback you should not submit the Work to eCampus.
- eCampus reserves the right not to publish or to withdraw from publication (to the extent that this is under our control) any material submitted or published which in its absolute discretion eCampus believes to be unsuitable for publication.
You acknowledge and agree that the Service and information, content presented to you through the Service or used in connection with the Service contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected under U.S. and international intellectual property laws, including copyright, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by us, you agree not to sell, rewrite, modify, redistribute, create derivative works, or rent the Service of any information presented to you through the Service, in whole or in part. You agree not to strip, download or change/edit our video clips and redistribute as-is or in edited/reformatted versions.
Linking to Us
We permit a simple link from your website to our Service. However, you must first ask our permission if you intend to frame our site or incorporate pieces of it into a different site or product in such a way that is not clear to our users that we are the source of the content. You are not allowed to link to us if you engage in the publication or promotion of illegal, obscene, or offensive content, or if the link in any way negatively impact on our reputation.
Information that You Provide to Our Service
All contributors reserve the right to be identified as the owners of all works credited to them on this site. Content on this site and all intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, domain names, trade marks, copyright in the stories, copyright in the website design and copyright in the videos, images and graphics.) associated with such content belong to and shall remain the propery of eCampus and its licensors. You may use such content and intellectual property in accordance with these terms of service, only to the extent necessary to receive the Services.
We plan to offer to our users tools that allow you to record and store information. You are responsible for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized person shall have access to your passwords or accounts. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. It is your sole responsibility to (1) control the dissemination and use of activation codes and passwords; (2) authorize, monitor, and control access to and use of your account and password; (3) promptly inform us of any need to deactivate a password. You grant us and all other persons or entities involved in the operation of the Service the right to transmit, monitor, retrieve, store, and use your information in connection with the operation of the Service. eCampus cannot and does not assume any responsibility or liability for any information you submit, or your or third parties' use or misuse of information transmitted or received using our tools and Services.