Sample Layout Designs
Incorportate your content into a scheme
Start here. The Panel Builder is the foundation of good page design around which all layouts are built. Configured in many ways, this component segments and highlights content, subdividing pages into distinct areas of interest.
Web & AEM knowledge to brush up on
Important elements to remember when building
Tips to tame TMI
- Spread content accross multiple pages, grouping like-pages together under a common parent page
- Use components such as accordions and tabs to consolidate information on a single page
- Link to PDFs or other documents in lieu of typing it all out or including screenshots
- Envision making a PowerPoint presentation: only include pertinent information
- Create white space by adding natural seperators including headings, panel breaks and buttons.
- Have a fresh set of eyes look at it, typically someone who's not in your department
Practical Build Tips
Form is certainly important, but function should not be overlooked. This assembly of commonly asked tasks and best practices will help you get the most out of AEM and your time.
In Depth AEM Training
Return to the nuts and bolts of how to operate AEM. Rich with functional details including videos and manuals, these resources give step-by-step instructions on parts you didn't even think you'd need to know.